Ability to identify subfolders/ individual files

N557641

i see that there is only the ability to identify main folders in the metadata manager. this doesn't seem like a big issue but for a library of "normal" tv shows, but for long running names in anime this can be troublesome. 

example: Something like Digimon if you go to tvdb, or even imdb you will find not only the running series but each season as it is considered a entirely different show.https://www.thetvdb.com/search?q=digimon&l=en

this makes issues with the scrapping of data, depending on how your personal library is named it will pick one of these options. you have to go into the metadata manager and identify the show as the right one you want. this works for this show.

but for instance when i added Fairy Tail to the library, everything adds fine... with the exemption of the 7th season, or what is know as Fairy Tail Zero. it comes up with an unknown season; even if you tell it it is season 7, it doesn't pull the meta data for anywhere.https://www.thetvdb.com/series/fairy-tail

this may be a how i have my library setup, but i like the front end to look clean. So from the end user app i don't have to see Fairy Tail and Fairy Tail: Zero, but one Fairy Tail parent folder and then all the seasons as a sub folder.

i feel like if i was able to identify sub folders or even individual files with in the parent folder it would be much easier to scrape metadata from different sources.

also i would find it easier to edit metadata if the file/folder told you where it ended up scraping the data from. this would also be a feature to add, the ability to select what site to scrape from.

my personal structure is Anime>Fairy Tail>SxxExxx

the Emby auto filed them into Anime>Fairy Tail>Seasonx>SxxExx

is this what you are looking for?

How did you add your series to Emby, in Emby library setup? can you show a screenshot? Thanks !

i set it up through the setup wizard. i selected one parent folder "anime" and i scaned everything in there. i my anime folder i have about 15 different sub folders named as their respective series.

5b91c3272a2ed_ScreenShot20180906at90927P5b91c33e94861_ScreenShot20180906at90951P

hoping this is what you are looking for.

i think i have found a work around to my issue. if i search for the right database site that supports my issue i just have to manually identify the parent folder and it works.

but i still think this would alot easier if i could identify subfolders differently, and not identify the parent folder.

an example of this is for the series named Naruto.

the naruto franchise has 2 series, "Naruto" and "Naruto Shippuden", the later being what happens after a timeskip of the first.

i have my personal drive setup as:

Anime/Naruto/Naruto/SxxExxx - Episode Name

and

Anime/Naruto/Naruto Shippuden/SxxExxx - Episode Name

this makes it hard to scrape metadata from any site, because i only used the Anime folder in my library setup.

i havent tried but i maybe easier to individualy add all my Anime Subfolder in the library setup.

i think if i were to get rid of the Anime/Naruto subfolder it would work, but i like to have my personal data more organized than that.

Anything directly under the Anime folder will assume to be a series folder. If that's not the case then i expect you will run into problems.

Anything directly under the Anime folder will assume to be a series folder. If that's not the case then i expect you will run into problems.

that makes more sense. although it was easier just to select the Anime folder i should have selected all its subfolders instead.

i do think that the ability to identify within the main folder would be a good feature.