Can we implement DLNA Play-to?

ronvp

ronvp

Just wondering if it is possible to configure (or add feature to) MBC to use the DLNA Play-to function rather then media center player or external player? This way, I do not need any external players, my Samsung automatically figures out if it is a 3D movie or not and the play-back quality is just really good.. This way I do not need a separate 3D player installed.

I am not even sure if it makes sense or if it interferes with the rest of Media Center, but with the DLNA working really well, I am thinking it maybe something other would like also..

You want to PlayTo some other device from MBC?  I would think that would be a rather unusual situation.

Can you use the PlayTo on the server to play your 3D movies to your TV? (asking just to confirm that what you are requesting is technically possible)

ronvp

I was looking for play to on the TV that MBC is showing..so when I hit play on MBC, the server would play to the TV that MBC is showing on. I realize this may be a bit unconventional, but it would be a new method that would eliminate all players except for the one build in to the TV..

Edited by ronvp

Well, that would end up being a potentially reduced experience over directly playing it in another player and will require server resources.  But, my second question still applies - can you play a 3D item using the web client PlayTo on your TV?

ronvp

Well, that would end up being a potentially reduced experience over directly playing it in another player and will require server resources.  But, my second question still applies - can you play a 3D item using the web client PlayTo on your TV?

Sorry for not answering this directly. The answer is yes. Half SBS 3D movie using either the web client DLNA Play-to or the Windows 8.1 app DLNA Play-to and the first 2 to 5 seconds it shows both halves side by side and then the Samsung UN55F8000 automatically switches to 3D.. I tried the Full Size SBS also, but you have to make some cropping adjustments during ripping  to make that work or you end up with a full width, but half height picture..