Emby-Server on QNAP ARM X19 - BETA / TS-419P II

paddl82

Hello all. 
I would to install emby on my TS-419P II with QTS: 4.3.30628 Build 20180725 but i became an error. 
The QMono (V5.12.0.266) Package is installed. 

hat is the problem? Can anyone help me?

Fehler 2018/09/04 06:51:26 System 127.0.0.1 localhost [App Center] Failed to install Emby Server 3.6.0.33. You must first install and enable Mono >= 5.10.

BR, paddl

Thanks for the report guys. Our primary developer for this is currently on vacation so we may not have a response to this until a week from now. I think we just need to clarify what the install instructions are for ARM units. Thanks.

• Like 1

Maybe it's a matter of installing in the right order, within the package or as separate packages?

Failed to install Emby Server 3.6.0.33. You must first install and enable Mono >= 5.10.

I would think you'd need to install QMono from QNap app central first.

Agreed, but it's not available there, so that's not an option.

I actually thought the new package bypassed that, since it's got mono in the name: "emby-server-qnap-mono_3.6.0.33_arm-x19.qpkg". I Guess I got my hopes up to high there...

It just means that it's based on mono, but mono is too big too actually bundle inside the package.

For x64 systems we use .NET Core, and this is small enough to bundle inside so that there are zero dependencies required.

PenkethBoy

Agreed, but it's not available there, so that's not an option.

I actually thought the new package bypassed that, since it's got mono in the name: "emby-server-qnap-mono_3.6.0.33_arm-x19.qpkg". I Guess I got my hopes up to high there...

yeah its not part of the qnap store - dont think it ever has been

you need to go to the Qnap Club store

https://www.qnapclub.eu/en/qpkg/193

make sure you get the correct version 

• Like 1

It just means that it's based on mono, but mono is too big too actually bundle inside the package.

I see.

yeah its not part of the qnap store - dont think it ever has been

you need to go to the Qnap Club store

https://www.qnapclub.eu/en/qpkg/193

make sure you get the correct version 

Thanks! I tried that now. Mono Framework for TS-ARM-X19 is installed and running.

But I still get the same error: "[App Center] Failed to install Emby Server 3.6.0.34. You must first install and enable Mono >= 5.10."

I assume Mono wouldn't install and run if it was the wrong version?

PenkethBoy

Ok

then it sounds like the emby package is not detecting it correctly

If i get time later i will dust off my TS-412 and see if it works for me

• Like 1

Emby might also be checking only for the QNAP Mono package (internally called 'Mono'), and not Stephane's Qmono (internally called 'Qmono').

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

Sorry not yet - got distracted by other things and cant find the power brick for the 412 at moment - its been filed away somewhere

Okay, I started over with the following packages:

• Qmono_5.10.0.160_arm-x19.qpkg (same as before, but removed and installed after a reboot and FW upgrade)
  • Emby_3.5.2.0.qpkg (not emby-server-qnap-mono_3.6.0.33_arm-x19.qpkg as I was led to believe was the right one)

Now everything seems to work just fine!

(But will the 419P+ be up for the task? Now that's a completely different story... :blink: )

Good morning. The package is with no errors installed. But i can didn't start it. 

On My QNAP Desk is the Emby Button, but the service on ":8096" is nothing to access. 

i didn't have access to the service. When i use chrome to access on port:8096, i became an error: 

Diese Website ist nicht erreichbar

192.168.174.137 hat die Verbindung abgelehnt.

• 6 months later...
maxleonca

Sorry for necrobumping this.

I just learn about Emby and I was very excited to find out that there is an official package for the TS-419PII.
I downloaded Qmono_5.12.0.266_arm-x19.qpkg and installed it, and then downloaded and install emby-server-qnap-mono_4.0.2.0_arm-x19.qpkg.

I was able to reach the server on port 8096 and even started to add folders to the Library, but then when the 1st one was added the server crashed.

Bellow you can find the full output of the emby_start.sh output.

https://pastebin.com/4xbAcTXv

Any chance someone can take a look and bring forth some of the knowledge?

Thank you.