Cinema Mode - Trailers - Same trailers repeat

interman

interman

Not sure where to put this, but seems to be where everyone puts Cinema Mode questions. 

I love the idea of trailers before my movies/tv shows and love this feature. I am even considering putting shorts/newsreels/cartoons in front. Thank you for creating and supporting. 

However, the last two times I have enabled this, I get the same trailers over and over. Even if I watch the entire trailer, I get it again with the next movie. They do not all repeat but they repeat enough that I shut off the feature instead of skipping the trailer. 

So I have some questions. 

1. Have I set it up incorrectly? I looked at the explanations of all the options and cannot see where to change a setting that would change this. 

2. Where does it get the trailers from? Is there a way to change the source?

3. How does it decide that trailers to play next? Random? Based on viewing habits?

4. Am I insane? I know this last one is subjective, but perhaps....

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Don

interman

As a followup. 

I re-enabled and tried to test. No matter what I do, I get the same trailers. Heredity, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, and Backstabbing for Beginners. 

Don

• 10 months later...
Ninko

I know this is an old thread but this problem is still present from what I can see...

hstamas

Not sure where to put this, but seems to be where everyone puts Cinema Mode questions. 

I love the idea of trailers before my movies/tv shows and love this feature. I am even considering putting shorts/newsreels/cartoons in front. Thank you for creating and supporting. 

However, the last two times I have enabled this, I get the same trailers over and over. Even if I watch the entire trailer, I get it again with the next movie. They do not all repeat but they repeat enough that I shut off the feature instead of skipping the trailer. 

So I have some questions. 

1. Have I set it up incorrectly? I looked at the explanations of all the options and cannot see where to change a setting that would change this. 

2. Where does it get the trailers from? Is there a way to change the source?

3. How does it decide that trailers to play next? Random? Based on viewing habits?

4. Am I insane? I know this last one is subjective, but perhaps....

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Don

Same issue I have asked about here. Was never resolved so I just gave up on using trailers:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/74543-cinema-mode-internet-trailer-issue/

• 5 months later...

I am having this problem currently.

Can you please describe the problem that you're having? Thanks.

Spaceboy

Cinema mode not really functional for me either but for different reasons. I only ever get the trailer for the movie I’m about to watch

There's a limited number of trailers available and it may not take long for you to see them all and then start seeing some again. If you'd like to avoid some ones you've already seen, there is an option for that.