Cannot playback Recorded TV via web browser

CovertJaguar

CovertJaguar

On many (but not all) of the shows that are being recorded (wtv), the transcoder will fail to process the file while attempting to play it via the web browser interface.

There seems to be two issues at work here (the transcoder tries two different output formats), but both fail for different reason.

First, conversion to mp4 fails because it attempts to use libvo_aacenc to encode the audio. Everything I've read indicates that this is the worst and least supported AAC audio encoder that ffmpeg allows, and should not be used.

Second, conversion to webm fails because it chokes on the eia_608 subtitles. I do not know why.

ffmpeg-381a255a-6630-46a0-8969-59c3d0ca768c.txt

ffmpeg-93e39394-0955-4a7a-9f19-7ff7441ea1ec.txt

Tikuf

The fact that libvo_aacenc is being used is a bug in the server . For one reason or another our audio conversion parameters are being omitted from the transcode command line. Ffmpeg is choosing  libvo_aacenc which doesn't support 5.1 audio.

The subs issue is something I need to look at and it may be caused by a lack of media info. 

Can you please attach media info for that item from the library explorer. Instructions

Thanks

CovertJaguar

Had to move it into an actual library folder to get the info, from which it turns out I can play the file just fine. It must be something specific with how the TV plugin passes the files to the transcoder.

Audio

Language: eng

Codec: AC3

Layout: 5.1

Bitrate: 384 kbps

Sample Rate: 48000 khz

Default: No

Audio

Language: spa

Codec: AC3

Layout: stereo

Bitrate: 192 kbps