3D Top and Bottom

sfatula

sfatula

I noticed that the current ATV4 client does not play these videos correctly (HTAB), they are squished with the wrong aspect ratio. Other players play them just fine, MrMC, Infuse, etc. I understand however that there is a new ATV version coming out, perhaps it's Beta now. Anyone know if perhaps the new client might play these correctly?

If not, is there an opportunity for me to join the testing if any feedback I can provide on 3D playback might be useful?

I noticed that the current ATV4 client does not play these videos correctly (HTAB), they are squished with the wrong aspect ratio. Other players play them just fine, MrMC, Infuse, etc. I understand however that there is a new ATV version coming out, perhaps it's Beta now. Anyone know if perhaps the new client might play these correctly?

If not, is there an opportunity for me to join the testing if any feedback I can provide on 3D playback might be useful?

@@ebr should be able to get you into the beta if you're willing to help us regression test the entire app.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
sfatula

Just an fyi. Since the update, I tried a 3d movie. 1080p, mkv, 7.1 flac audio, top and bottom format. And it direct played, and played fine, got 3d! The on;y thing that did not work is 3d subtitles, they display on top and on bottom. Vlc plays it fine, as does infuse. Mostly, don't use subtitles but here and there movies have forced subtitles for aliens, etc.

A second 3d with truehd 7.1 sound only played as 5.1. A third 3d with 7.1 dts only played as 5.1, so, the standard 7.1 audio modes do not seem to work properly, but flac 7.1 does. Again, they play fine in the other players.

I am assuming therefore the is some mpv setting somewhere that is needed. I am sure I am in the vast minority with 3d. Be happy to help if you want, let me know how. I'll be on a trip until Feb 18 though.

Edited by sfatula