Installation problem on UE40D6500

NikLaAs

FrostByte

That thread is locked so I cannot add to it. I have written up the detailed steps. Can I PM them to you for your to add ?

Yes, sure

The zip file has a problem. It's flat file structure when Uncompressed on Mac OS.

E.g.:

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff    1081  8 Mar  2019 LICENSE
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff   30570  8 Mar  2019 Main.css
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff      17  8 Mar  2019 README.md
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff    7963  8 Mar  2019 app\javascript\GuiShelved\GuiPage_TvChannel.js
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff    5240  8 Mar  2019 app\javascript\GuiShelved\GuiPage_TvGuide.js
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff   10615  8 Mar  2019 app\javascript\Gui\GuiDisplayOneItem.js

etc

the "\" is just a character on Mac OS and not a folder separator  :)

Could you please re-zip ?

LOL

macnb

@@macnb do you want to test this release version?  Just to make sure that the DTS issue is resolved before I get Luke to add it to the github release.  There are no other changes.  It should be 1.0.8

Thanks

attachicon.gifEmby_1.0.8_Europe_20190308.zip

Ok resolved the Mac OS auto unzipping issue and installed v1.0.8 on the TV (via my MacBook).

DTS 6-Channel and 8-Channel audio plays fine.

DD 6-channel plays fine too.

DD-TrueHD fails.

Interestingly, video with AAC audio is not now playing when the TV Settings AAC-to-DD option is set to TRUE.

If I set it FALSE, then it plays the video fine (in fact it's Direct Play). So seems better this way compared to v1.0.7.

Thanks.

SamES

The zip file has a problem. It's flat file structure when Uncompressed on Mac OS.

E.g.:

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff    1081  8 Mar  2019 LICENSE
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff   30570  8 Mar  2019 Main.css
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff      17  8 Mar  2019 README.md
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff    7963  8 Mar  2019 app\javascript\GuiShelved\GuiPage_TvChannel.js
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff    5240  8 Mar  2019 app\javascript\GuiShelved\GuiPage_TvGuide.js
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff   10615  8 Mar  2019 app\javascript\Gui\GuiDisplayOneItem.js

etc

the "\" is just a character on Mac OS and not a folder separator  :)

Could you please re-zip ?

I did notice this, but it was made by the package manager in the SDK.  That's part of the reason I wanted you to test it.   I agree it doesn't look right.

It will be a few days but I'll try the old package manager.

SamES

Interestingly, video with AAC audio is not now playing when the TV Settings AAC-to-DD option is set to TRUE.

If I set it FALSE, then it plays the video fine (in fact it's Direct Play). So seems better this way compared to v1.0.7.

Strange as all I did was copy in the file I gave you

macnb

I did notice this, but it was made by the package manager in the SDK.  That's part of the reason I wanted you to test it.   I agree it doesn't look right.

It will be a few days but I'll try the old package manager.

My workaround was to set the Safari Brower preference to stop automatic unzipping after download completes and then use a Mac App called unarchiver to manually unzip. Then it unzips correctly (with the correct folder structure).

To be honest there was no need to unzip (I was just curious) since the TV managed install your ZIP file.

• Like 1

SamES

I did exactly the same. I don’t know why the native unarchiver isn’t handling it. Did you try loading it via the developer method to see if the tv is ok with th zip?

To be honest, I will still try and fix it because I think it may cause confusion if anyone try’s what you did to unzip to USB.

BTW, when safari automatically unpacks the file, the zip file just ends up in the trash so you can just drag it out to recover it instead of changing the safari settings

• Like 1

macnb

I did exactly the same. I don’t know why the native unarchiver isn’t handling it. Did you try loading it via the developer method to see if the tv is ok with th zip?

To be honest, I will still try and fix it because I think it may cause confusion if anyone try’s what you did to unzip to USB.

BTW, when safari automatically unpacks the file, the zip file just ends up in the trash so you can just drag it out to recover it instead of changing the safari settings

Yes I created a temporary HTTP server on my Mac and loaded the Emby App v1.0.8 directly to the TV via the developer method.

Thx for the tip on recovering the zip from Trashcan - I forgot about that.

• 4 weeks later...
OddbOd

Not sure it's worth acquiring a new IP for this for the amount of users.   I can just link to the other pinned post for D-series installs.

I've made SamES' 1.0.8 version available at 27.96.199.20, as it was hosting the previous GIT pull anyway.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I've made SamES' 1.0.8 version available at 27.96.199.20, as it was hosting the previous GIT pull anyway.

Great, I'll change the instructions back to using the IP then

• 4 weeks later...
RafaG

Hi,

I'm hosting 1.06 version. I don't follow most of the topics in the forum, this is why I didn't answer early. I've see this announce (new-ip-for-third-party-orsay-v1x-app-for-2012-d-series-tvs) and thanks to it I read this thread.

I've update my server with new 1.08 version, everybody can use the new hosting (now it seen it's down, I take the file from this post) an also my hosting (80.32.109.216).

Best regards,

Rafa

• Like 1

OddbOd

I've update my server with new 1.08 version, everybody can use the new hosting (now it seen it's down, I take the file from this post) an also my hosting (80.32.109.216).

Hey Rafa, the size element you have in widgetlist.xml needs updating. It still says 919000 when it should be 944732.

RafaG

Hi,

Thanks, corrected. 

Are you still hosting this version? I've trying to download from you to be sure I have the correct version without success.

BR

OddbOd

@@rafag Yes, we're both hosting the same version. It didn't work earlier because the IP address was wrong due to the forum not saving FrostByte's edit.