Installation problem on UE40D6500

NikLaAs

SamES

Got it, I can see that now.  FYI, the release zip's are just a standard zip format so you should be able to zip the source with the same folder format and provide a file name in the same format and then you can add it to your IIS.  Did you actually get that to load, I know you had problems initially?

SamES

@@SamES would it be possible for you to add your changes and make a v1.08 and upload to GitHub?

I can, but it would be pretty much untested.  I just grabbed the file from the 2.x release.  I could probably just modify the single dts entry and channel count in the existing if that's all it really needs.

macnb

Got it, I can see that now.  FYI, the release zip's are just a standard zip format so you should be able to zip the source with the same folder format and provide a file name in the same format and then you can add it to your IIS.  Did you actually get that to load, I know you had problems initially?

Sorry I do not understand what you mean by "then you can add it to your IIS". I am not a developer  :)

Originally, I followed the instructions to download v1.0.6 directly to the TV using the Emby developer account.

Then, I downloaded "v1.0.7" from GitHub and put that onto the USB stick and made the mods you suggested re DTS.

macnb

I can, but it would be pretty much untested.  I just grabbed the file from the 2.x release.  I could probably just modify the single dts entry and channel count in the existing if that's all it really needs.

It may be a lot work but it would be nice to just have one version of the Emby App for Samsung TV that works with all different models of the TV.

SamES

Sorry I do not understand what you mean by "then you can add it to your IIS". I am not a developer  :)

Originally, I followed the instructions to download v1.0.6 directly to the TV using the Emby developer account.

Then, I downloaded "v1.0.7" from GitHub and put that onto the USB stick and made the mods you suggested re DTS.

OK, a different user at the start of this thread was loading from his own IIS server.  You are loading as per the standard developer account method.  

I've already created the changes so when they're merged I will publish a new package 

FrostByte

@@macnb What SamES is talking about is mentioned in the link below.  It doesn't require being a developer, you just need to install IIS which is part of Windows

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51345-how-to-host-the-samsung-app-from-your-own-web-server/

This is a way for you to host the zip file with an IP address which is internal to your network and actually install.  Then just replace the IP 173.230.139.54 from the other instructions with your own

• Like 2

SamES

Actually, I'm not sure who is hosting the D-series version of the app as it is hosted differently to the 2.x version.  Therefore, it may not even be possible to publish a later version.  (Maybe this is why there is no 'official' 1.0.7)

FrostByte

I can walk macnb thru setting up IIS, or we'll need to find someone to host the new D-series version

Edited by FrostByte

SamES

I can walk macnb thru setting up IIS, or we'll need to find someone to host the D-series version

Thanks, much appreciated.  1.0.6 is still hosted, but maybe it's not possible to update it anymore.

SamES

Not without contacting that guy, not sure hes even on here any more

I suspect that is the case

macnb

@@macnb What SamES is talking about is mentioned in the link below.  It doesn't require being a developer, you just need to install IIS which is part of Windows

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51345-how-to-host-the-samsung-app-from-your-own-web-server/

This is a way for you to host the zip file with an IP address which is internal to your network and actually install.  Then just replace the IP 173.230.139.54 from the other instructions with your own

Ah ha. Got it. I'm not a Windows user - certainly not a server. I have MacOS (macbookPro's and iMac). 

I'm hosting the Emby Server on OpenMediaVault NAS (Debian server). May be a way to use that Linux Server ?

Alternatively, I could borrow a Windows laptop and try that Windows app (by Spooky) to load the Emby App onto the TV.

macnb

@@SamES,  correct the D-series IP is a user IP.  The only one hosted by Emby is 2.2.4

Can Emby also host the D-Series App ?

What stops Emby from doing that ?

SamES

It needs a different IP address.  As this is being installed in developer mode, all apps on the developer IP will get installed, so different versions need to be hosted on different servers.  This is not an official app and as it is so old there is probably not the resources to host it.

@@FrostByte / @@macnb, I think you can do it easy.  

1. ​On the MacBook, create a folder
  2. In the folder, put the widgetlist.xml
  3. Create a Widget subfolder
  4. Put the zip in the Widget folder
  5. Edit the widgetlist.xml file, use the IP of the MacBook and the correct zip file name

Open an iTerm window and change directory to that folder

Run this command to create a temporary web server

python -m SimpleHTTPServer 80

Install the app on the TV using the MacBook IP address

Then just Ctrl+C in the iTerm window (or close it) to kill the web server

Edited by SamES
  • Like 2

macnb

It needs a different IP address.  As this is being installed in developer mode, all apps on the developer IP will get installed, so different versions need to be hosted on different servers.  This is not an official app and as it is so old there is probably not the resources to host it.

@@FrostByte / @@macnb, I think you can do it easy.  

1. ​On the MacBook, create a folder
  2. In the folder, put the widgetlist.xml
  3. Create a Widget subfolder
  4. Put the zip in the Widget folder
  5. Edit the widgetlist.xml file, use the IP of the MacBook and the correct zip file name

Open an iTerm window and change directory to that folder

Run this command to create a temporary web server

python -m SimpleHTTPServer 80

Install the app on the TV using the MacBook IP address

Then just Ctrl+C in the iTerm window (or close it) to kill the web server

Brilliant !

Those steps worked. 

Many thanks.

May be I can add detailed steps I did as a write-up in that @@FrostByte thread started for User hosted widgets.

• Like 1

macnb

Now for my next problem  :)

Home Photos added to the library do not show...get "Undefined  Render Err" on the same TV and nothing in the logs (LG OLEDB8 is fine).

Shall I start a separate thread or continue here ? 

Edited by macnb
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Brilliant !

Those steps worked. 

Many thanks.

May be I can add detailed steps I did as a write-up in that @@FrostByte thread started for User hosted widgets.

If you can modify that thread you certainly may do so, if you can't then just type something up and I'll add/modify whatever you want.

SamES

I'm just conscious of how much effort we want to put into fixing this.  Even the 2.x version is not really maintained anymore and I don't have any way of testing these changes.

I expect you will find numerous issues as you go along.  As long as the core video playback is working, that is important and it's generally not too bad to fix small issues.  With this change it is now up to date with the 2.x app so that shouldn't be a problem now anyway.

I never used the photos feature in the app so I'm not that familiar with the section of code.  I would really just be guessing to try and find the problem.  Sorry.

• Like 1

FrostByte

@@SamES So is 1.08 (or, whatever the new version is) on GitHub now?  I may just remove the IP from the instructions so that people get the corrected version with DTS and can host it on their own server.  Not sure it's worth acquiring a new IP for this for the amount of users.   I can just link to the other pinned post for D-series installs.

SamES

When Luke merges it the I will build a release.  Depends on whether you want to leave the IP up and note that it is restricted to 1.0.6 for those that just want a simple method, and others can grab the package and host themselves.

FrostByte

Okay, can decide that later after Luke is done I suppose.  Not sure many people will be able to use 1.06 since Emby hasn't used DCA to identify DTS in a long time.  But I suppose I could leave it for those who absolutely don't want to set up their own webserver and just add something for those who want the newest version.

Thanks SamES

Edited by FrostByte

SamES

@@macnb do you want to test this release version?  Just to make sure that the DTS issue is resolved before I get Luke to add it to the github release.  There are no other changes.  It should be 1.0.8

Thanks

Emby_1.0.8_Europe_20190308.zip

• Like 1

macnb

If you can modify that thread you certainly may do so, if you can't then just type something up and I'll add/modify whatever you want.

That thread is locked so I cannot add to it. I have written up the detailed steps. Can I PM them to you for your to add ?

• Like 1

macnb

@@macnb do you want to test this release version?  Just to make sure that the DTS issue is resolved before I get Luke to add it to the github release.  There are no other changes.  It should be 1.0.8

Thanks

attachicon.gifEmby_1.0.8_Europe_20190308.zip

The zip file has a problem. It's flat file structure when Uncompressed on Mac OS.

E.g.:

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff    1081  8 Mar  2019 LICENSE
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff   30570  8 Mar  2019 Main.css
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff      17  8 Mar  2019 README.md
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff    7963  8 Mar  2019 app\javascript\GuiShelved\GuiPage_TvChannel.js
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff    5240  8 Mar  2019 app\javascript\GuiShelved\GuiPage_TvGuide.js
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macnb  staff   10615  8 Mar  2019 app\javascript\Gui\GuiDisplayOneItem.js

etc

the "\" is just a character on Mac OS and not a folder separator  :)

Could you please re-zip ?

• Like 1