88 replies to this topic

#41 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1278 posts
  • Local time: 06:59 PM

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:10 AM

Find this section in the file I sent you (there are lots of repeating sections, you need the one on about line 671), and change the audiochannels value to 8

case "dca":
		case "dts":
			this.audiocodec = true;
			this.audiocontainer = ["avi","mkv"];
			this.audiochannels = 6;
			break;

Let me know if you have trouble with this

• FrostByte and macnb like this

#42 macnb OFFLINE  

macnb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Local time: 08:59 AM

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:41 AM

Find this section in the file I sent you (there are lots of repeating sections, you need the one on about line 671), and change the audiochannels value to 8

case "dca":
		case "dts":
			this.audiocodec = true;
			this.audiocontainer = ["avi","mkv"];
			this.audiochannels = 6;
			break;

Let me know if you have trouble with this

Made the change.

That fixed the DTS-MA 7.1 playback.

Many thanks.

Another issue is AAC audio which refuses to play.

So I enabled Transcode on the TV settings and get a "Loading" message and immediately fails with "Undefined" render err type 1. Here's a screen shot:

Attached File  IMG_20190305_151305.jpg   171.63KB   0 downloads

Any clue as to the issue ?

• FrostByte likes this

#43 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 5080 posts
  • Local time: 04:59 AM
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 05 March 2019 - 02:12 PM

Do you see a ffmpeg log on the server?  Can you post?  The app SHOULD have converted AAC to AC3 if you had that option set in the app.

Edited by FrostByte, 05 March 2019 - 02:13 PM.

#44 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1278 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:49 PM

Also be aware that for D-Series, if you play any audio track other than the first audio track it will stream the file to perform the audio track switching as I don't think audio switching is supported by the model

• FrostByte likes this

#45 macnb OFFLINE  

macnb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:15 AM

Do you see a ffmpeg log on the server?  Can you post?  The app SHOULD have converted AAC to AC3 if you had that option set in the app.

It's working now. Not sure if I had forgot to turn on AAC-to-DD option. It's now on and it's working. Many thx.

• FrostByte likes this

#46 macnb OFFLINE  

macnb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:22 AM

Also be aware that for D-Series, if you play any audio track other than the first audio track it will stream the file to perform the audio track switching as I don't think audio switching is supported by the model

V1.0.7 does not have any GUI option to select the audio track. 

So if there were two audio tracks in a file, which one does the App select (first one or the one flagged as Default) ?

(Trying to figure out how to avoid streaming and get Direct Play to work as much as possible).

#47 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 5080 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:23 AM

@SamES would it be possible for you to add your changes and make a v1.08 and upload to GitHub?

#48 macnb OFFLINE  

macnb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:20 AM

@SamES would it be possible for you to add your changes and make a v1.08 and upload to GitHub?

Better still, is it possible to put into the Samsung developer account (like v1.0.6 was) so that it can be installed directly onto the TV. That would save a USB port.

• FrostByte likes this

#49 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1278 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

Where did 1.0.7 come from? I can’t find any reference to that anywhere

#50 macnb OFFLINE  

macnb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:46 AM

Where did 1.0.7 come from? I can’t find any reference to that anywhere

I got the reference from @FrostByte from Post #11 here.

It's a link to Github which refers to v1.0.6 but when you download the sources from there and load it onto the USB stick, the Splash screen states v1.0.7.

If you check the source Main.js, it says v1.0.7:

var Main =
{
		version : "v1.0.7",
		requiredServerVersion : "3.0.5211",
		requiredDevServerVersion : "3.0.5507.2131",

//TV Series Version
		modelYear : null,

forceDeleteSettings : true,

enableMusic : true,
		enableLiveTV : false,
		enableCollections : true,
		enableChannels : false,

enableScreensaver : true,
		isScreensaverRunning : false,
};

So whoever changed the sources, has not updated the Github Readme and NOT produced a release zip for the Releases page.

The Releases pages has NO reference/download link to v1.0.7.

If you click/download 1.0.6 release zip file, the Main.js states v1.0.6. That is, the release page definitely has v1.0.6 but the sources is v1.0.7.

I hope that makes sense  :)

#51 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1278 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:52 AM

Got it, I can see that now.  FYI, the release zip's are just a standard zip format so you should be able to zip the source with the same folder format and provide a file name in the same format and then you can add it to your IIS.  Did you actually get that to load, I know you had problems initially?

#52 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1278 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:54 AM

I can, but it would be pretty much untested.  I just grabbed the file from the 2.x release.  I could probably just modify the single dts entry and channel count in the existing if that's all it really needs.

#53 macnb OFFLINE  

macnb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:25 AM

Got it, I can see that now.  FYI, the release zip's are just a standard zip format so you should be able to zip the source with the same folder format and provide a file name in the same format and then you can add it to your IIS.  Did you actually get that to load, I know you had problems initially?

Sorry I do not understand what you mean by "then you can add it to your IIS". I am not a developer  :)

Originally, I followed the instructions to download v1.0.6 directly to the TV using the Emby developer account.

Then, I downloaded "v1.0.7" from GitHub and put that onto the USB stick and made the mods you suggested re DTS.

#54 macnb OFFLINE  

macnb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:26 AM

I can, but it would be pretty much untested.  I just grabbed the file from the 2.x release.  I could probably just modify the single dts entry and channel count in the existing if that's all it really needs.

It may be a lot work but it would be nice to just have one version of the Emby App for Samsung TV that works with all different models of the TV.

#55 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1278 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:32 AM

Sorry I do not understand what you mean by "then you can add it to your IIS". I am not a developer  :)

Originally, I followed the instructions to download v1.0.6 directly to the TV using the Emby developer account.

Then, I downloaded "v1.0.7" from GitHub and put that onto the USB stick and made the mods you suggested re DTS.

OK, a different user at the start of this thread was loading from his own IIS server.  You are loading as per the standard developer account method.  

I've already created the changes so when they're merged I will publish a new package 

#56 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 5080 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:38 AM

@macnb What SamES is talking about is mentioned in the link below.  It doesn't require being a developer, you just need to install IIS which is part of Windows

https://emby.media/c...own-web-server/

This is a way for you to host the zip file with an IP address which is internal to your network and actually install.  Then just replace the IP 173.230.139.54 from the other instructions with your own

• SamES and macnb like this

#57 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1278 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:38 AM

Actually, I'm not sure who is hosting the D-series version of the app as it is hosted differently to the 2.x version.  Therefore, it may not even be possible to publish a later version.  (Maybe this is why there is no 'official' 1.0.7)

#58 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 5080 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:41 AM

@SamES,  correct the D-series IP is a user IP.  The only one hosted by Emby is 2.2.4

#59 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 5080 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:42 AM

I can walk macnb thru setting up IIS, or we'll need to find someone to host the new D-series version

Edited by FrostByte, 07 March 2019 - 07:46 AM.

#60 SamES OFFLINE  

SamES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1278 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:45 AM

I can walk macnb thru setting up IIS, or we'll need to find someone to host the D-series version

Thanks, much appreciated.  1.0.6 is still hosted, but maybe it's not possible to update it anymore.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Orsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users