Installation problem on UE40D6500

NikLaAs

NikLaAs

Hello all,

I have a problem when I install emby on my old Samsung.

I have downloaded the zip from Github (version 1.0.6), launched a IIS server on my computer and put the zip on it (I followed the guide on the other topic)

I can access the server from my TV. So far so good.

When I install, the progress bar completely fill up, all seems to be ok.

But after the installation, I can't find the app ?!

Here the video of my installation (I retried several times) : 

No error, all seems to be ok, but no app at the end.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks !

Thnaks for your response, but the Smart Hub Widget Manager doesn't work with my firmware (1.0.18). I need to downgrade to 1.0.16.

I would prefer use the download from server solution if possible.

FrostByte

Did you change the line in the widget file to match the IP of your IIS (not Emby's IP, unless they are the same) and location of the zip file?  I've placed my files in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Widget

Example:

<download>http://192.168.x.x/Widget/Emby_1.0.6_Europe_20160120.zip</download>

Then enter the same IIS IP into the TV that you typed in the widget file

Edited by FrostByte

Yes I already made all of that.

I wrote the ip of my computer (it's the one which running the iis server), and the name of the zip file.

It's not clear on the video because of the colors, but the TV seems to download the file correctly (the progress bar fills with blue completely).

Any other idea ?

FrostByte

No, and it sounds like you have done everything correctly.  I just loaded that version on my 2014 SmartHub with no problem.  

I've found a couple of other threads with a similar problem where the progress bar goes to 100%, but doesn't come back finished.  Unfortunately, the third party developer is no longer around to have a look why some sets are having this issue.

You could try loading the version meant for later sets v2.2.4 and see what happens.  The big difference is that 2.2.4 displays 1080p images and the SmartHub in D-series TVs only ran at SD (though you can stream FHD) which is why the app was split into two versions.  So if you installed the other version it won't down convert the images from the server, and I believe it will just try to display them the best it can

Edit:

The other option is to side load it if your TV supports that.  When side loading the app is run from a USB stick without being installed.  The only issue with that is the USB will have to always be in to use Emby.

Edited by FrostByte

I tried to install the 2.2.4, but same result. The installation seems to be ok, but I don't have the app after.

I'm interested in side loading, is there a tutorial to explain how I can do that please ?

Thanks for your help

After the installation, I don't see the emby app in the smart hub, as you can see in my video above.

Sorry for my english, it is certainly not perfect...

FrostByte

It has been a while since I've sideloaded the app from USB, but this is basically how

1. Download Emby_1.0.6_Europe_20160120.zip from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/SamsungSmartTV/tree/1.x_Release

2. Extract zip to subfolder \emby on to a USB drive (doesn't seem to work from root)

3. Stick the USB in the TV

4. Turn TV on and app should appear in the app list. 

5. This does NOT install the app, just loads it into memory.  App will disappear if you remove USB

I don't recall if the D-series supports sideloading from USB.  Only certain years supported this

Edited by FrostByte

• 5 months later...

It has been a while since I've sideloaded the app from USB, but this is basically how

1. Download Emby_1.0.6_Europe_20160120.zip from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/SamsungSmartTV/tree/1.x_Release

2. Extract zip to subfolder \emby on to a USB drive (doesn't seem to work from root)

3. Stick the USB in the TV

4. Turn TV on and app should appear in the app list. 

5. This does NOT install the app, just loads it into memory.  App will disappear if you remove USB

I don't recall if the D-series supports sideloading from USB.  Only certain years supported this

I had originally followed the instruction here to install the Emby App (v1.0.6) on on my old D-Series Sammy 46D650.

I then followed these side loading steps and Emby (v1.0.7) loads fine from the USB.

However, I cannot get either version to play anything.

The same content plays fine from another TV (LG OLED55B8) running Emby App.

The Emby App reports "Unable to Play", "None of the MediaSources are playable".

See screenshot:

post-410719-0-34802800-1551193853_thumb.jpg

If I click on the Apps log screen, I see the following:

post-410719-0-21532700-1551193929_thumb.jpg

Line 690 seems to be indicating why there's no playback and seems to say that Default User is set to Off BUT in the settings, I have definitely set it to TRUE.

I know it's an old TV and unsupported app but anyone seen this behaviour and any solutions ?

What year is this model from?

I believe it is 2011. Exact model number is UE46D6530WK.

BTW, if I use the Samsung Video App (DLNA client) in the Smart hub, it is able to browse the Emby Server folders and it will play the movie that the was not playable by the Emby App.

Edited by macnb

macnb

@@macnb can you try a plain video file instead of an .iso file? Thanks.

Hi Luke, I did play a plain video file. The one in the example screenshot was an MKV file with H.264 video, DTS audio & external SRT subtitle.

macnb

@@macnb are you sure this is the right log file then? All I see here is a .iso file. Thanks.

Hi Luke. 

The references to .iso file are error generated by FFProbe for some reason. Appears it doe not know how to handle .iso file (??).

In any case, I did not try to play any .iso files on the Samsung TV. That error (re .iso seems to be on the LG TV in another room).

Re the Samsung TV, there's nothing in the log file that shows any attempt to play a file.

As I said, it is as-if the request never gets as far as the Server.

Anyway, I restarted the server and the Samsung TV, started Emby App on Samsung TV, attempted to play a file (which failed with the same error on the TV), and then downloaded the server log file (attached).

Again, I see nothing in log file re any attempt to play  "12 Years a Slave" file. Maybe I don't know what I am looking for.

Update: The Samsung TV IP address is 192.168.15.12 and I do see references to that IP address in the log file.

Log-2.txt

Edited by macnb

FrostByte

Does the app log show anything that may be helpful?  You would have to take a pic of the screen as there is no way that I know to get it downloaded.

macnb

Does the app log show anything that may be helpful?  You would have to take a pic of the screen as there is no way that I know to get it downloaded.

yes. I sent a screenshot in one of the previous post here

• Like 1

I don't see any playback in the server log, so it looks like a problem in the app. Perhaps @@SamES may have a chance to take a look. Thanks.

FrostByte

yes. I sent a screenshot in one of the previous post here

Sorry, missed that :(

Ya, according to that log it's never starting playback.  Like you said it wants to transcode the audio and it looks like it thinks transcoding is turned off (either on the server or the app).  Could be though that an api call is out of date and needs updating

Could you post the mediainfo for the file you're trying to play?  I still have my old Orsay and could test a similar file.

Edited by FrostByte

macnb

Sorry, missed that :(

Ya, according to that log it's never starting playback.  Like you said it wants to transcode the audio and it looks like it thinks transcoding is turned off (either on the server or the app).  Could be though that an api call is out of date and needs updating

Could you post the mediainfo for the file you're trying to play?  I still have my old Orsay and could test a similar file.

Mediainfo attached. It's not just that movie but all the movies.

I tried a movie that had just DD but the result was the same.

If there's a known working test file I can download then I'll try it.

If I play the the same file using the TV's builtin DLNA player (Videos in Smart Hub), then that file (and all the other files) play fine.

I also downloaded the Emby App 1.0.7 (from GitHub) onto a USB stick and ran that. It exhibits the same problem.

MediaInfo.txt

• Like 1