3.6 api breaking changes

Luke

I'll have to dive into it before i can really answer that. I'll try to do that over the next few days. thanks.

7illusions

Thanks!

On another topic, is there anyone around here that is living/working in the Bay area? I'll be mostly in Mountain View and Sunnyvale during the week and if anyone would like to grab a burger and a beer.

rhodges

InternalItemsQuery:

In a personal plugin, I have a couple InternalItemsQuery that used SourceTypes = new[] { SourceType.Library }. I noticed SourceTypes is gone. I don't remember, specifically why I had that, probably because of whatever example I looked at. I just need to make sure it pulls real, on the file system items. I'm guessing that IsVirtualItem = false, is good enough, or is there something else?

AggregateFolder:

libraryManager.RootFolder no longer has a property RecursiveChildren. I'm guessing (lots of guessing) that I should just use GetRecursiveChildren()?

MusicAlbum:

MusicAlbum no longer has a MusicArtist reference. It has AlbumArtist (string), AlbumArtists (string[]), and Artists (string[]). Seems a bit confusing. I think I'm just going to remove this code since I don't really need it anymore, but, what is the process to get a reference back? A query based on name? Whats the difference between those 3? Some code documentation would be handy.

AggregateFolder:

libraryManager.RootFolder no longer has a property RecursiveChildren. I'm guessing (lots of guessing) that I should just use GetRecursiveChildren()?

You should use the querying methods instead, like you have above, because GetRecursiveChildren() is really slow. Chances are you're probably going to filter the results, right? Using GetRecursiveChildren you are pulling the entire library out of the database, only to then filter it after you've done that. You should use the querying to narrow your search as much as possible to what you need. If you can tell me what you need I'll make you an example.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

One more question (although I make no promises ;)

"CollapseBoxSetItems - deprecated in favor of a new property GroupItemsIntoCollections." This is straightforward, but is this now only a client setting?

In the c# apiclient there is a server setting "FrameworkServices.Current.ConnectionService.ServerConfiguration.EnableGroupingIntoCollections" is this deprecated as well?