Hide Top Navigation Items (customize tabs)

bigembyfan

bigembyfan

Unless I'm being a bit blind (highly possible!), I'd love a way to hide a couple of the top green navigation items without hacking it in myself.

For example, in Movies I don't want the 'Trailers' item to appear for any profile and for TV I don't need the 'Upcoming' nav link. 

Obviously not a major issue but thought it would be a nice thing to have, perhaps allowing them to be re-ordered like the home page items but again just a nice extra,

Edited by bigembyfan
  • Like 33
  • Agree 8

• 1 month later...
Richard Branches

I also would like to hide tabs from the music library, for example, I want to hide the "Favorites" and "Album Artists" tabs.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Richard Branches

Those with the "+1" should also hit the "Like This" button at the bottom right of the initial commentary, it actually has more impact...

• 2 years later...
storelogan

Please include this feature, it would be nice to be-able to re-organize this menu. Otherwise, so I have to go over, then up the the top the the screen, then right 7 times to get to the search function. (on NVidia shield) 

unisoft

Come on hurry and do this please. :)

Id like to hide "Upcoming" as it never has anything, "Folders" in some libraries, and since GENRES shows a stupid view of random list of ALBUMS not sorted by Artist now, hide that as well, also "VIDEOS"!

• 1 month later...
OnyxUK

•  

Any update on this feature request. Really don’t like the tabs in the tv mode and now thinking of cancelling my monthly subscription

Edited by ONYX MEDIA

I would expect the top tabs will be customizable in future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

OnyxUK
30 minutes ago, Luke said:

I would expect the top tabs will be customizable in future updates. Thanks.

would be nice to have the option to hide the whole bar as well if this ever comes customizable 

13 hours ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

would be nice to have the option to hide the whole bar as well if this ever comes customizable 

How would you navigate anywhere?

OnyxUK
1 hour ago, ebr said:

How would you navigate anywhere?

hey ebr no sorry i think i have wrote that wrong i ment to say to hide it in the tv mode not for any other mode, emby has great navigation but having this in a tv mode looks really out of place as you can see below image.thumb.png.9743aff5b00615918201962e48296625.png

i personally think if you was to still keep this bar in the tv mode, have the option to hide full bar in (tv mode only) and to have the option to hide Individual tabs ie folders, trailers etc. as some people dont use these anyway, with having these options available i believe this would be very beneficial. and maybe make the bar slightly smaller  and the background fully transparent. or a really nice idea would be to do a carousel bar. i have included them below to show a rough idea. 1759438011_Untitled1copy.thumb.png.31b2344614faae95e2430494b4aca236.png 

955561997_Untitled1copy2.thumb.png.cf53c2522dd0e83e9a589faa0f388907.png

Edited by ONYX MEDIA
wrong photo

Hi.  Why do you think it looks out of place in TV mode?  Most media apps have a very similar presentation on TVs.

We do plan to make it customizable on which tabs show and, I guess, if you only allowed one tab then it could be eliminated - but you'd lose a lot of functionality.

• Like 1

OnyxUK
21 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Why do you think it looks out of place in TV mode?  Most media apps have a very similar presentation on TVs.

We do plan to make it customizable on which tabs show and, I guess, if you only allowed one tab then it could be eliminated - but you'd lose a lot of functionality.

the background around the bar not being transparent is a big one for me and when looking on a tv the writing it very large compared to what you would see in the home screen. the folders tab on the end also looks like its not fitting in properly either. 

and yes that i can understand people may lose some functionality for search, maybe use the carousel idea and have it so people have to have at least 3 main ones that they cannot touch, these would / movies / collections and genres that way they can limit the bar without losing main functions

and for tv shows i would also keep /shows / genres and networks. 

with having the carousel you will only ever see 3 and if people choose to hide the rest of the bars the main design would be affected  either . 

Edited by ONYX MEDIA
bad spelling lol

32 minutes ago, ONYX MEDIA said:

with having the carousel you will only ever see 3

Some of our apps allow scrolling of the tabs now but some devices simply don't support that.  Plus, we've found that, when tabs are hidden due to being scrolled off the screen, many people never discover they are there.  So we try to avoid this situation as much as possible.

• Like 1

OnyxUK
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Some of our apps allow scrolling of the tabs now but some devices simply don't support that.  Plus, we've found that, when tabs are hidden due to being scrolled off the screen, many people never discover they are there.  So we try to avoid this situation as much as possible.

ahhh okay that does make alot of sense, ermmm not to sure how much work it would take or even if it would be possible but maybe have the bar as standard but have an option to change it in setting and have a second design feature to then have a carousel instead of a straight bar, this would then allow people to choose the design but stops people not discovering tabs as they would be there as standard. and of course still keeping the tabs customizable haha  

• 1 year later...
GrimReaper

Any progress made in making those tabs in tab bar customizable? Some of them I've never used once in all the years with Emby, while I sorely miss some, especially in TV shows-type library. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Any progress made in making those tabs in tab bar customizable? Some of them I've never used once in all the years with Emby, while I sorely miss some, especially in TV shows-type library. 

Hi, not yet, sorry, but it's still a good idea for future updates. Thanks.

• Sad 2

unisoft
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, not yet, sorry, but it's still a good idea for future updates. Thanks.

and yet this is probably one of the most requested features throughout history of Emby  and still not done :(

I'd like to rename "Shows" or "Movies" as "A-Z" because essentially that is what those options are and to get rid of "Upcoming" because its never been populated yet. Similarly, in TV library Episodes is useless for me as just a flat list of episodes unsorted, so again, would like to have choice of removing that option.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 11:08 AM, unisoft said:

and yet this is probably one of the most requested features throughout history of Emby  and still not done :(

I'd like to rename "Shows" or "Movies" as "A-Z" because essentially that is what those options are and to get rid of "Upcoming" because its never been populated yet. Similarly, in TV library Episodes is useless for me as just a flat list of episodes unsorted, so again, would like to have choice of removing that option.

Fully agreed and 1 upvote too 

• 5 months later...
41 minutes ago, kevinnashuk said:

Is this still in progress? Original request was 2018

Hi, it's possible for future updates. Thanks.