After the movie project is locked, the cover is still changed?

wangfei
Go to solution Solved by wangfei,

wangfei

The first problem is that I have to edit the metadata myself for various reasons. To keep the edited data from changing with the refresh, I usually lock the item, but the lock doesn't seem to work on the film cover. After re-scanning, it will still return to the original screen shot as the cover.

Second, the auto-generated assembly plug-in can't be locked either. I have two sets of the same movie with different resolutions. I set up two assemblies and locked the items, but after re-scanning, they all fit together in one assemblage.

5b8625f284b73_1.png

5b86260facf03_2.png

Sounds like you have the poster in your media folder next to the video and that will always get priority. That means on the next library scan, it will change back to that one.

If you use the image editor, Emby will replace your original image file, but only if you enabled saving artwork to media folders. Sounds like you didn't' do that.

wangfei

If you use the image editor, Emby will replace your original image file, but only if you enabled saving artwork to media folders. Sounds like you didn't' do that.

The first problem can be solved according to what you said, so it's OK to save it to the media folder. What about the second problem? 1080p and 4K uhd. I don't want them to be in one set every time they scan

wangfei

What plugin are you referring to, autoboxsets?

yes,That's the plug-in.I don't think that plugin has anything to do with it. The box is locked and useless.

I don't believe the plugin has anyway to exclude items from creating collections. What you'll probably want to do is just remove the plugin and then edit your collections manually.

wangfei

I don't believe the plugin has anyway to exclude items from creating collections. What you'll probably want to do is just remove the plugin and then edit your collections manually.

I think you understand wrong. Harry Porter 1080p resolution has 8 videos, exactly the full version. There are only 2 movies left in the 4K UHD computer. It's too big. That plug-in would add eight 1080p videos to a 4K collection and turn them into 10 files once it was re-scanned, but the 1080p collection was okay with eight videos, and I wanted the 4K collection to be the same as the original two. If you say you want to uninstall manual editing, or I will do it again, thank you!

What plugin? autoboxsets? autoboxsets does not create any new video files. All it does is create virtualized groupings of movies into collections.

wangfei

What plugin? autoboxsets? autoboxsets does not create any new video files. All it does is create virtualized groupings of movies into collections.

I don't know if it's the plug-in. I know that no new video files have been generated. I just want to say that my home server has eight 1080p files and two 4K UHDs (episodes 3 and 7). I want to put different resolution videos in different Harry Potter collections, one eight video collections, one two video collections, but finally re-scan, and that 4K collection is displayed by two A video cover becomes a display of ten video covers (two 4K video covers plus eight 1080p video covers), and eight video covers in the 1080p collection remain unchanged, and I hope that no matter what the scan, the 4K collection will always be two video covers.

Happy2Play

Sounds like your issue is the TMDBCollectionid grouping them together.  They all have the same collectionid so the plugin groups them together as designed.  If I am correct you will have to remove the collectionids.

• Solution
wangfei

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Two problems have been solved. The first problem is to store the cover map in the media folder upstairs and scan it again. The probability of the first problem is very low. There are only two movies in dozens of my media library. I guess it may be related to the folder being named in Chinese.

The second question about the plug-in (auto box sets) is, as I said above, unloading the plug-in, then removing the auto-generated collection, restarting the service, and manually adding to the collection, so that the re-scan doesn't occur again, and each collection doesn't change because of the re-scan.

Finally, thank you very much for your help from our community partners.

5b86c3e61de58_.png

• Like 1