Install on new DS218 - numerous TVDB errors

turpin
Go to solution Solved by turpin,

Hi. I'm a new Emby user. I just installed 3.5.2.0 on a brand new DS218. After I created my media folders I noticed that the Library Scan seemed to be stuck. On looking at the log I could see continual TVDB errors. 

I removed all my media folders and restarted the server I then created a new folder (DRAMA) and waited for Emby to initiate a library scan. The log clearly shows the TVDB errors. 

Just for fun I started EMBY Server on a Windows PC, created a new Media Library and pointed it at the same DRAMA folder on the DS218. Looking at the log on the WIndows machine I can see that most of the TVDB calls execute successfully.

As an example I have a media file called RELLIK. In the DS218 log you can see the TVDB call fails. On the WIndows machine the call to TVDB works as expected. On the DS218 there is no artwork displayed. On the Windows machine the artwork is present.  I've attached a screenshot of this.

If you look at the attached Screenshot file you can see the difference (DS218 is at the top).

The DS218 server log is attached. Also attached is the Emby Windows server log.

As I mentioned I am a new user so it's highly likely that I"m doing something stupid on the DS218 but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks for your time.

DS218 Server Log.txt

Emby Windows Server Log.txt

Screenshots.pdf

It looks like you have a lot of outgoing network requests that are just timing out and failing, and it's not just to tvdb, it's everywhere. have you possibly configured the nas in a way that is preventing the emby app from accessing the internet?

• Solution

Bingo! It's working correctly now.

Your reply prompted me to look at the network settings. I was running the DS218 pretty much straight out of the box. The only customization I had really done was for security.

I did some research and found something that said to turn off IPV6 (it's on by default). At the same time i changed the DNS to point to Google. Those changes did the trick and Emby is now working beautifully!

Thank you for the quick reply and help. 

• Like 1