Xbox One App Won't Install/Update

Rohanaj

Paul77nz

Not sure if it's a fluke, but Emby updated on one XB1 and fully installed on the other.

I canceled the auto install after turning the XB on sand told it try again and it worked

Worked for me too now, although I did have to fully uninstall before it would work.

schmitty

There has been an Xbox service alert for the last couple of days for Purchases and Content usage. The status is still active at the moment, but I was able to re-install the app a few minutes ago.

• Like 1

xxJonoxx

Yeah, installed for me too.

Had to clear it from the 'update' queue and reinstall via 'my games and apps'

Running version 1.1.225.70

Thanks!

Rohanaj

I was able to get the app reinstalled now.  Just like a couple others, I had to clear it from my previous queue attempts and grab it fresh from the xbox store.

Yea i have not heard back from MS yet about a resolution, probably because its' the weekend. Hopefully they will have a better solution because having to clear the queue or uninstall is not something that everyone will figure out.

So should I clear the queue or uninstall and reinstall? Sorry if that's silly question but the popup had been quite annoying the last week or so LOL!

FrostByte

So should I clear the queue or uninstall and reinstall? Sorry if that's silly question but the popup had been quite annoying the last week or so LOL!

I would just try just clearing queue first then updating.  That's what I did and it worked.  Then if it doesn't work you could delete the app and reinstall.  There was an issue earlier where people were deleting the app and couldn't reinstall so they had nothing for a while.  It sounds like that issue has probably been fixed, but I wouldn't want to take the chance if the app is your only client.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

any update on this?   i just picked up a new xbox one x and tried to install emby with the same error, i was going to try ember but they want money for it. 

thanks for the heads up..  when i got home yesterday it was on the xbox so i am happy, and it is working well.  

thanks again!