Xbox One App Won't Install/Update

Rohanaj

Rohanaj

So there appeared to be an update for the Emby app on my Xbox One, but it kept erroring out as "Installation Stopped" when trying to install it.  Thinking that it would be better to just try a full reinstall of the app, I uninstalled it quick, went back into the store and tried to install it fresh.  Unfortunately, it results in the same "Installation Stopped" error, so I can't get the app installed back on my Xbox now.

To make sure it wasn't an issue with Xbox Live, I grabbed three other apps from the store and all three installed correctly without any problems.

Any thoughts on why the Emby app seems to be unavailable to install?

We have not been notified by MS of any issues so I would just try it again later. Thanks guys.

davedick

I'm also having the same error.  It will start downloading and after about 10 seconds or so, it will say installation stopped.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still getting the same error.

FrostByte

Yep, same problem here.

I'll try again in the morning.

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Tried again this morning a few times and errored again.  The last time I did it from the store and if you click "Details" afterward it pops up with a 0X800B0100 error.  Suggested fix actions on the message were to report it to Microsoft and/or restart and try again.  Restarting didn't help though.

Rohanaj

I tried this morning again as well, with no success.  I get the same error message as you, FrostByte.  I completely unplugged my Xbox afterwards, including disconnecting the power brick, on the off chance that leaving it unplugged all day will help, but I'm not super optimistic about that working.

Scott310

I can confirm that I am experiencing the same issue. When the update wouldn't install I made the mistake of trying a fresh install of the app. Now the app won't install at all.

nagetech

Yea, I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it.... now there’s no emby at all :( @@Luke are you sure it’s not an emby problem? I can install, reinstall and update all my apps except for emby.

nagetech

Just throwing more info into the pile....

I had another xbox one doing the same thing & I factory restored it, and still the same issue. Anyone have a clue what would be causing this?!?

fistfullofbeer

Having the same issue with my Xbox One X. The update to Emby is failing with an 'Installation Stopped' message.

giricns

So 18 hours later and still no update? I too was getting the 0X800B0100 error, which I reported to XBOX LIVE and haven't heard anything from them either. Now when I try, I am getting 0X80070005. It's not a connection issue, because as others have stated, other apps are updating with no issues. When I try to install, it downloads for a few seconds and then the error pops up stating Installation has stopped. I try again, same thing. Restarting the system does nothing. 

I think there is just a glitch in the store with some apps right now. I submitted a new update this morning and it went through and is already publishing. it's just on the install side that there is a problem.

I've been able to receive the updates on non-xbox devices so i think there is just a problem with xbox installing certain apps right now. Not all obviously, but some.

sittingmongoose

I am having the same issue as well. No issues with other apps installing. Tried rebooting Xbox, even power cycling it. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but now I have no emby at all.

• Like 2

xxJonoxx

I'm running an X1X if it helps - I'm at work so I can't check the X1S till much later.

I'm also using the AU store. 

VolackPonCoalPonVolack

I've been able to receive the updates on non-xbox devices so i think there is just a problem with xbox installing certain apps right now. Not all obviously, but some.

I’ve been able to update a few other apps and games personally. The Emby App is now unusable until the update goes through. As a lifetime supporter this is inexcusable. Please get on this sooner rather then later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by VolackPonCoalPonVolack

Sarithz

Still a no go to update or install. 43GB ESO update went through without issue as did YouTube and other apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1