Missing Feature / Little Tweak

monkeyslapper

monkeyslapper

Hi There guys. I am try you android tv version of emby. I am actually enjoying it. Thanks for this great product. I am not sure if this a feature or not. Favorites on the Home screen? Either on Android or Emby home screen? IS here a way to turn off the side bar on the left screen. It seems redundant.  

Search for emby tv works well, but it seems to show Actors first then / tv / movies. Can we have it show Movie / TV / Actors? 

One off question. Whats happening with 4K HDR Transcoding. Do we have resolution to this or this one of the situaton that its just not going to happen??

Once again guys. WELL DONE! thanks

Monkeyslapper

Hi.  I'm not really sure where we would work favorites into the home screen... there could potentially be a whole lot of them.

Right now, each library has a Favorites tab.

IS here a way to turn off the side bar on the left screen. It seems redundant.  

An option to turn off the "Fast Lane" as Google calls it is something we'd like to do but it is actually a bit challenging because it is baked into the standard Android TV view we are using here (notice the same thing is in all the Google apps for Android TV).

monkeyslapper

An option to turn off the "Fast Lane" as Google calls it is something we'd like to do but it is actually a bit challenging because it is baked into the standard Android TV view we are using here (notice the same thing is in all the Google apps for Android TV).

That Explain alot there Ebr... I have never really noticed.... I really just use the Emby.. I have noticed one other bug maybe... In the TV folder I click on the sort option. I choose Last Updated, But it only shows only the last Added show but not last added episode of the show. For example. Ballers I had added this series year ago or so, then I just added another show i wanted to watch Slasher. Baller just started the new season and slasher is not do for a while yet. Slasher would be showing before ballers when i sort this out. Is this a bug?

Thanks again.

That Explain alot there Ebr... I have never really noticed.... I really just use the Emby.. I have noticed one other bug maybe... In the TV folder I click on the sort option. I choose Last Updated, But it only shows only the last Added show but not last added episode of the show. For example. Ballers I had added this series year ago or so, then I just added another show i wanted to watch Slasher. Baller just started the new season and slasher is not do for a while yet. Slasher would be showing before ballers when i sort this out. Is this a bug?

Thanks again.

Hi.  That's a defect introduced in a recent server version that I believe will be fixed in the next server release.

Thanks.

Dizzy49

Hi There guys. I am try you android tv version of emby. I am actually enjoying it. Thanks for this great product. I am not sure if this a feature or not. Favorites on the Home screen? Either on Android or Emby home screen? IS here a way to turn off the side bar on the left screen. It seems redundant.  

One off question. Whats happening with 4K HDR Transcoding. Do we have resolution to this or this one of the situaton that its just not going to happen??

I am with you on the fast lane.  I use Emby Theater on my desktop, and I'm moving from a 5yr old HTPC to the new Fire TV Pendant and it does seem redundant.  However, with the fast lane there maybe I can change my home screen up to make the most out of both areas.

I had similar thoughts about favorites on the home screen.  Right now I use 'Next Up' and 'Latest Media' quite a bit.  Unfortunately even after I've watched something the Latest Media still displays it.  I'd prefer it went away like it does with the Next Up so I could see what else I have to watch.  I have filters set up on my libraries.  If I go to 'Shows' I have it set so it only shows series with Unwatched episodes.

I've pointed this out before in other areas, but I think it should prioritize Favorites when displaying these before it displays non-favorites.  I'm constantly ending up with my daughters shows popping up and I have to mark them watched to get rid of them.  It would also be great if there was a way to "pause" a show in the Latest area.  For instance... I am on episode 3 of Boruto.  I will binge watch it in the future, but it pretty much has a permanent spot on my Next Up list since I continue to download them and I'm 60 episodes behind.  I don't want to mark it (or a few other series) watched since I still want to see them when I go into my favorites.

Unfortunately even after I've watched something the Latest Media still displays it. 

Hi.  Do you have the option to only show unwatched content in latest turned on?

Dizzy49

Hi.  Do you have the option to only show unwatched content in latest turned on?

No, I wasn't aware of such a setting.  I checked for filters in the Latest section of the libraries before and didn't see anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked on Emby Theater, and using Chrome.  I went to the person icon in the upper right, Settings-->Home Screen.  Neither screen looked like that... 

I did find the setting, but it was so close to the last Library that I thought it was an option for that library only.  I had to look at it about 6 times to realize it said "Latest Media" and matched what you have in your screenshot.

5b895bfc525fc_hidewatched.png

IS here a way to turn off the side bar on the left screen. It seems redundant.  

@@ebr Is there a way we could use this left menu from any screen?  Say for example we go left one more time then elements on the screen?

If so and if this was an option I'd love it.  Often times I'll get myself 20 to 30 clicks into the menus following actors/movies/actors/movies.  In order to get back to the home screen you then need to backup the whole bread crumb but if there was a way to bring up the left menu then getting home or to a different library would be cake.

Instead of going left one additional time (could bring up the menu accidental) is there a way to bring up that menu hitting a key such as back 3 times quickly or something "magic" like that?

The menu could be real useful if we could bring it up on-demand!

Carlo

Why did it take six tries?

I was looking at other things on the screen buy my eyes kept coming back to that one spot for a split second. I think my subconscious knew that was it, but it took a bit for the rest of me to catch up :P

@@ebr Is there a way we could use this left menu from any screen?  Say for example we go left one more time then elements on the screen?

If so and if this was an option I'd love it.  Often times I'll get myself 20 to 30 clicks into the menus following actors/movies/actors/movies.  In order to get back to the home screen you then need to backup the whole bread crumb but if there was a way to bring up the left menu then getting home or to a different library would be cake.

Instead of going left one additional time (could bring up the menu accidental) is there a way to bring up that menu hitting a key such as back 3 times quickly or something "magic" like that?

The menu could be real useful if we could bring it up on-demand!

Carlo

Possibly (but it wouldn't actually be the same thing you see on the home screen right now...) as we are starting to see that type of thing in other Android TV apps now.

• 1 year later...
silvaflor

Can't find or maybe there isn't any Favorite Tab option on Android TV version for Emby. Please add it, or point me on how to add it.

Edited by silvaflor

Can't find or maybe there isn't any Favorite Tab option on Android TV version for Emby. Please add it, or point me on how to add it.

Hi.  Each movie and TV library has a "Favorites" tab at the top.

Additionally, you can filter any of the grid views by Favorites by simply clicking the red hart in the toolbar at top right.

Does this help?

Nothing just squares with the movies no bar at all

How did you setup your movie library in Emby library setup? what is the content type?

What type did you give those libraries?  They need to be defined as movie libraries to get the movie features.

Ok so that means the owner of this Emby Server has set up the movie library in such a way that prevents this feature from working.