Music analysis plugin?

riothamus

riothamus

Does anyone know of a plugin or something that I could use in Emby that would provide an analysis of my music files?  I'm looking for something that would create suggestion lists that are based on an analysis of the audio files themselves, rather than just genre tags (which even with MusicBrainz, are not always accurate).

Honestly, I would even settle for a third party app that I could use that would output to an .m3u file that I could then dump into Emby's playlist folder at this point.

Obligatory "Sorry if this has been asked before" statement.

Edited by riothamus

riothamus

Thanks Luke.  I've been doing some digging, and this is in no way a trivial thing to accomplish.  I was just curious if there was anything around that I could use already to help catalog my current directory of tunes and output to a playlist file.  It seems that there is not a whole lot to work with outside of proprietary solutions that are built into other applications (iTunes, for one).

ginjaninja

i am not aware of any such products and have never used. of course emby has a "more like this" section.lastfm has "similar artists" that could perhaps be exposed via api.

• 5 months later...

A ListenBrainz plugin is now in the Emby plugin catalog. Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks.

ginjaninja

scrobbles are working for me..

https://listenbrainz.org/goals

Make this incredibly useful music usage data available to anyone who cares to play with it. We hope that the combination of ListenBrainz, MusicBrainz and AcousticBrainz will provide enough data for developers to create new music recommendation systems. Music recommendation systems are hard to develop because comprehensive music data sets do not exist in the open. Normally start-ups spend vast amounts of money to create these data sets before building recommendation systems. We aim to short-cut this process and put the power to create recommendation engines into the hands of everyone. 

should recommendations get generated?..or is it it a scrobble/play history for now?

riothamus

what have you gotten the plugin to do?

Well, it's scrobbling my music to ListenBrainz, which is what I was hoping for.  ListenBrainz doesn't have 'recommendations' yet (as last.fm does) but that's not a big deal for me right now.