Log file growing rapidly

Josh Atlas

Josh Atlas

Hi, I've had this issue for a while now but it has recently become much worse - My log file begins to grow rapidly until it completely fills my OS drive. The recurring error is as follows. Can anyone shed some light on how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

*** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.5.2.0
    Command line: C:\########\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: C:\#####\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application directory: C:\#####\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: id
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetItemById(Guid id)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, Guid itemId, BaseItem item, Boolean isHeadRequest)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.Get(GetUserImage request)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.Execute(Type serviceType, IRequest request, Object instance, Object requestDto, String requestName)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IHttpRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    System.ArgumentNullException
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetItemById(Guid id)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, Guid itemId, BaseItem item, Boolean isHeadRequest)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.Get(GetUserImage request)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.Execute(Type serviceType, IRequest request, Object instance, Object requestDto, String requestName)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IHttpRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Josh Atlas

What do you have connecting from the following IP address?

I'm not sure.. Possibly site24x7.com which I use to monitor uptime. Do you think it might be part of the problem? I think it has been around prior to using that service though.

Edited by atlas

Try removing the playback reporting plugin as it has a lot of logging and it's producing some errors in this log. @ fyi.

Josh Atlas

i think I know why the line

PlaybackReporting - EventMonitorEntryPoint: Playback progress did not have a tracker : FhfNB701Yf2nhYnZguHjv0WH5LOLtOweSzXzi5mdlM-b2abf011c4d04af5b97ea32a7a1e1cf8-107e4eaeddfeecd60ac4dbb80b07b5f7

is spammed, the server was restarted while a client was playing something. The addon is looking for the item in its playback tracker but it is not there was since the server was restarted the tracker is empty. I can fix this.

The exception is still a little bit of a mystery.

Playback Reporting is such a valuable plugin... I really don't want to remove it. If a fix is possible that'd be great.

Josh Atlas

So the Playback Reporting issue seems to be fixed, however this error is repeating over and over... this is an extract from my log file which is now 60GB and growing at about 10mb/s. It seems to happen randomly but once the error occurs the only way I can stop it repeating and filling my HD is by restarting the server.

2018-08-29 10:46:23.300 Error HttpServer: WebSocketException Success
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Program data path: C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketException (997): net_WebSockets_InvalidState
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketValidate.ThrowIfInvalidState(WebSocketState currentState, Boolean isDisposed, WebSocketState[] validStates)
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.WebSockets.ManagedWebSocket.ReceiveAsync(ArraySegment`1 buffer, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.WebSockets.WebSocket.ReceiveAsync(Memory`1 buffer, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at EmbyServer.SocketSharp.SharpWebSocket.StartReceive()
	System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketException
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketValidate.ThrowIfInvalidState(WebSocketState currentState, Boolean isDisposed, WebSocketState[] validStates)
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.WebSockets.ManagedWebSocket.ReceiveAsync(ArraySegment`1 buffer, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.WebSockets.WebSocket.ReceiveAsync(Memory`1 buffer, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp

*** Error Report ***

*** Error Report ***

2018-08-29 10:46:23.301 Error HttpServer: WebSocketException Success
	*** Error Report ***

*** Error Report ***

*** Error Report ***

2018-08-29 10:46:23.302 Error HttpServer: WebSocketException Success
	*** Error Report ***

Looks like the same error over and over... Any ideas?

Edited by atlas

Gaspar Filmes
Good night friends!

I am using on a server 2 mono versions one in version 5.1 and another in 5.2, and in the beginning was going well until 2 weeks ago, it started to randomly consume 5gb of RAM and hangs the server, to amortize that consumption, I have used the program called Firemin that in it you can set an existing program in your OS and make it not a certain amount of RAM, therefore, I can not return an update of Emby due to not support external subtitles in .strm and several others things, I did not make any changes that would involve configuring or updating Emby or the server OS (Windows). All my collection is used with .strm files and before that, there was no critical problem like that since version 3.4x.

With this lock the log file has become gigabytes in a few moments, it excludes part of the log until the moment it gets infinitely resulting in the same type of error until the end so that you can determine what may be happening in my Embys.

*More information:

I removed all the plugins and left only the Backup plugin installed.

I disabled the DLNA server because I do not use it.

I disabled most scheduled tasks to avoid consuming processing and resources.

The collection is quite large, but it's 100% via .STRM and before that it was running normally.

Disable by default the Transcode option, all files are MP4 / AAC format.

I do not use IPTV lists, only Movies, Series and Shows content.

I have been using Emby since 2013 and have enjoyed the tool a lot. I need a referral from you because every day is crazy keep my clients with this error now, I hope you can help me because I love this technological revolution called Emby, and with these problems I have already lost 2 clients who had bad impressions of the system getting offline constantly in the day to day. Sorry my poor english i'm using translate.

Edited by Marflix / M4rflix

Gaspar Filmes

Good night friends!

I am using on a server 2 mono versions one in version 5.1 and another in 5.2, and in the beginning was going well until 2 weeks ago, it started to randomly consume 5gb of RAM and hangs the server, to amortize that consumption, I have used the program called Firemin that in it you can set an existing program in your OS and make it not a certain amount of RAM, therefore, I can not return an update of Emby due to not support external subtitles in .strm and several others things, I did not make any changes that would involve configuring or updating Emby or the server OS (Windows). All my collection is used with .strm files and before that, there was no critical problem like that since version 3.4x.

With this lock the log file has become gigabytes in a few moments, it excludes part of the log until the moment it gets infinitely resulting in the same type of error until the end so that you can determine what may be happening in my Embys.

*More information:

I removed all the plugins and left only the Backup plugin installed.
I disabled the DLNA server because I do not use it.
I disabled most scheduled tasks to avoid consuming processing and resources.
The collection is quite large, but it's 100% via .STRM and before that it was running normally.
Disable by default the Transcode option, all files are MP4 / AAC format.
I do not use IPTV lists, only Movies, Series and Shows content.

I have been using Emby since 2013 and have enjoyed the tool a lot. I need a referral from you because every day is crazy keep my clients with this error now, I hope you can help me because I love this technological revolution called Emby, and with these problems I have already lost 2 clients who had bad impressions of the system getting offline constantly in the day to day. Sorry my poor english i'm using translate.

after doing a test and installing from scratch (installation clean) the embys, I realized that when installing 2 Embys in versions 5.1+ on the same machine, is causing this problem to occur, however, I'm not sure. But if I leave only 1 of them running on the machine, the problem disappears.

My friend, is using an Emby in 3.5.2 and another in 3.4.2 on a server and is not having that problem.

Thank you for your attention.
Edited by Marflix / M4rflix

drikosv8

@@Luke

Can we go back to using 2 embys on the same machine without conflicting and increasing cpu usage excessively in the next update?

• Like 1