Feature Request: Choose default metadata providers

adelphiaUK

adelphiaUK

Is it possible to have a section which defines the users preference (rather than Embys) for which scraper they use for films, TV Series and cast? The reason I ask is that not all scrapers have all the information about a particular movie / TV show or cast member.

Alternatively, if this isn't possible, is it possible to have Emby automatically check the next scraper in line if the previous scraper returns no information?

For instance, in the film "Four Assassins" (imdb.com; themoviedb.com) there are two cast members (I'm using Emiie Guillot as the example) who, when scraped from themoviedb.com return no information but from imbd.com return the full information.

Unfortunately, Emby appears to refuse to search for cast information even if you specify the relevant ID (for either scraper); the search simply returns no information at all for a cast member.

Hopefully this can be addressed so I don't have to manually download the relevant information and type it all in.

Thanks in advance.

adelphiaUK

I have, but three things with that:

Firstly, this doesn't effect CURRENT movies, only future added:

Changes to metadata or artwork downloading settings will only apply to new content added to your library. To apply the changes to existing titles, you'll need to refresh their metadata manually.

Secondly, there is no IMDb option and finally, this doesn't allow for failure / no information on one scraper, use the next.

If you give the option to use IMDb in the initial search, why not when you customise the libraries?

Happy2Play

IMDB will never be a option as they want a fortune to use there api.  Any IMDB id that is used, uses OMDB or TMDB for lookiups.  And Refreshing existing metadata is easy to do at library level.  Emby already does failover to other provider.

Enable and rank your preferred metadata downloaders in order of priority. Lower priority downloaders will only be used to fill in missing information.

TVDB and TMDB are community driven so it is on the community to update missing information.