How to name episode files with multiple parts?

davesurfer

• 8 months later...
Jturquette

Any word on this? I see the suggestions for joining the files, but this also affects using downloaded subtitles. combining subtitle files is easy, but making sure the frame marker is correct will be a pain.

• 5 months later...
Xhatry

I'm also interested in this feature! It would be awesome to list my episode parts in one episode avoiding the joining parts in one file only. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
access

Yes, this would be very useful.  A lot of animated series have two "Acts" as they are really two 10 minute shows combined for the television format, but really belong separately and are downloaded separately. Combining them wouldn't be the best course of action.

• 3 weeks later...
GrumpyTrucker

Good grief. I've been looking for an answer to this, being new to Emby and having a few episodes that are split into two. Seeing "we'll get to it" replies going back 5+ years in various threads isn't encouraging. So many shows are split into multiple parts for season/series finales and Pilots for broadcast then merged for commercial release. It really shouldn't be on us to be joining files after all this time. Emby is so far ahead of the competition in almost every other aspect, but this one that Plex has had for years still isn't there.

Hi, we will get to it, but we would always suggest joining the files for the best possible experience.

• 1 year later...
SwanStream
On 4/8/2021 at 9:16 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we will get to it, but we would always suggest joining the files for the best possible experience.

I'm also interested in this "feature".

I would join if possible, but some items, like sports, the pre/post are part of the episode in thetvdb, so can't be separated in episode #'ing, but are in different formats, i.e pre/post maybe are 1080p/60 while the 'event' is 4k/50 so can't be joined. Remux is possible, but not ideal, real time consuming, and a waste of disk space as one would likely upmix the 1080 to 4k rather than the other way around... or why bother with the 4k source, ya?

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
pdavis

I have to plus one this as well. I would love to see a Road Map with all suggested features that have been accepted. I assume the team has them written down somewhere. Maybe a periodic pole of the community to rank what is worked on next? Launchbox does such a pole periodically and it is awesome, really makes the community feel like there requests are getting addressed.

• 8 months later...
KellyEmby

For me to fix the problem where TheTVDB has one episode that was later broken into multiple episodes:

1) I copy the episodes into their folder (for me it is usually series, I don't know about movies yet)

2) Then I click the name title (i.e., “S1:E1 – The Murder of Sherlock Holmes”), that brings up additional information about that episode

3) Then under “Media Info” I click “Split Versions Apart”, that separates all the versions, click OK

4) Now “Edit Metadata” for the separated versions to the order you wish

Maybe the “Split Versions Apart” is a recent fix, only found this feature a few months ago where I used it a few times for a different problem where I had multiple versions of the same episode. I will remember this feature!!  Thank you Emby!!

On 11/21/2023 at 3:22 PM, KellyEmby said:

For me to fix the problem where TheTVDB has one episode that was later broken into multiple episodes:

1) I copy the episodes into their folder (for me it is usually series, I don't know about movies yet)

2) Then I click the name title (i.e., “S1:E1 – The Murder of Sherlock Holmes”), that brings up additional information about that episode

3) Then under “Media Info” I click “Split Versions Apart”, that separates all the versions, click OK

4) Now “Edit Metadata” for the separated versions to the order you wish

Maybe the “Split Versions Apart” is a recent fix, only found this feature a few months ago where I used it a few times for a different problem where I had multiple versions of the same episode. I will remember this feature!!  Thank you Emby!!