3.0.2 - no playback

serpi
Go to solution Solved by serpi,

arcc is in the settings. Just use that, and don't put it in your mpv.conf

5b81be47bbd27_Snapshot_33.jpg

I know, this is, why it is commented out in the settings file.

It's still there from a time, it wasn't available in the ET gui, just as a reminder, what's my preferred mode ;-)

You can try it yourself, set the mode to something else than auto and you should be unable to play anything (even 2D videos) in 3.0.2.

On the other hand, enabling the option in the mpv.conf file and setting the mode ET to auto still works (video plays), it simply does no 3D conversion anymore.

Ciao, Alfred

Guest asrequested

Remove or update? does mpv not support it anymore?

It's been removed. It's probably still usable with the lavfi wrapper, but I can't test that. You can try

vf=lavfi=

You can probably still use it with the lavfi wrapper, if you really need it.

Yes, you can (and I would like to), but there you have to tell source format and destination format.

I don't know any way to make this (automatically) work without help from the devs.

If I set one mode in the global mpv.conf, this would be used for all videos, even non 3D or 3D with different source format.

I don't know, if this is possible, but if I could create a mpv.conf inside the video folder and this was used, I would have the same output format for all players. And how should this work with more than one video in a folder?

It's a shame, the option isn't supported anymore, as mpv still recognizes the correct mode, for example like this on an HSBS file:

[   0.113][v][mkv] |   + StereoMode: sbs2l

So what is needed, was to have a setting in ET for the output format (as it has now) but then use the video filter parameter on 3D movies and somehow determinate the source format, either from the video file itself or the 3D format tag in emby.

Of course, having an auto input format in mpv would be much better...

Ciao, Alfred

Guest asrequested

it should work fine if you try

vf=lavfi=video-stereo-mode=arcc

I don't have any 3D stuff to test with

Unless it's completely removed!

Edited by Doofus

BTW: Here's the thread about the 3D conversion not working anymore in ET from march.

There was the option already removed in mpv.

You now have to use the --vf=stereo3d=input:output to convert the mode, where you have to know the sorce format (e.g. sbs2l for HSBS).

Ciao, Alfred

it should work fine if you try

vf=lavfi=video-stereo-mode=arcc

I don't have any 3D stuff to test with

Unless it's completely removed!

I've put this into the mpv.conf and it doesn't work.

Ciao, Alfred

Guest asrequested

BTW: Here's the thread about the 3D conversion not working anymore in ET from march.

There was the option already removed in mpv.

You now have to use the --vf=stereo3d=input:output to convert the mode, where you have to know the sorce format (e.g. sbs2l for HSBS).

Ciao, Alfred

That was when it was deprecated, but not removed

https://mpv.srsfckn.biz/changes/2017-04-23/

This last build, is when it has actually been removed

https://mpv.srsfckn.biz/changes/2018-07-22/

Guest asrequested

I've put this into the mpv.conf and it doesn't work.

Ciao, Alfred

Then it may have been completely removed. 

Guest asrequested

This is what I see in shinchiro's latest doc

--video-stereo-mode=<no|mode>
Set the stereo 3D output mode (default: mono). This is mostly broken and thus deprecated.
The pseudo-mode no disables automatic conversion completely.
The mode mono is an alias to ml, which refers to the left frame in 2D. This is the default, which means
mpv will try to show 3D movies in 2D, instead of the mangled 3D image not intended for consumption
(such as showing the left and right frame side by side, etc.).
Use --video-stereo-mode=help to list all available modes. Check with the stereo3d filter
documentation to see what the names mean. Note that some names refer to modes not supported by
stereo3d - these modes can appear in files, but can't be handled properly by mpv.

I found a lua script on my disk, that I must have found sometime, somewhere, that does automatic 3d mode activation using the lavfi filter, I'm attaching it here inside a zip archive.

The output mode is set in a local variable out3d. Maybe this could be set from ET?

Sadly, I do not know, where I found it, so I can give no credits.

I made a few adaptions to it and now it seems to work.

The available output formats can be found here.

I will do some more testings with this, but the main problem is, that, at least the last time I tried, mpv doesn't support all ffmpeg modes (hdmi didn't work, not tested with new version) and some modes are already broken in ffmpeg (for example irr).

But arcc (red/cyan conversion) and ml (show in 2d) are working without problems.

Ciao, Alfred

3d-hdmi.zip

mentasm

This is happening for me.  I've tried changing the 3D conversion mode to something else but it hasn't made a difference.  Not really keen to be replacing mpv versions or uninstalling/reinstalling RT.  We really should be past the stage were that is needed to fix issues in non beta versions of the program.  As it currently sits I have a non functional ET install.  Been forced to use VLC and have cranky wife

mentasm

I have it set back to auto and all I get still is a spinning circle when I press play on any video

mentasm

I can't even get the installer to install a fresh version.  Dead in the water.  Great update

mentasm

full uninstall removing all traces and fresh install and I still just get spinning circles

mentasm

When I press play, or a theme video starts to load I get the wait circle spinning in the middle of the screen and no video plays at all.  It just sits there and after about 10 minutes I get a playback error with something about no compatible streams.  This makes ET completely unusable as it is for me.  No idea what else I can even try if a full uninstall and re-install doesn't fix it.  Suggestions?

post-395-0-81712600-1535494474_thumb.jpg

post-395-0-27849800-1535495028_thumb.jpg

Edited by mentasm