Chromecasts Aren't available

PsycoEmu

PsycoEmu

Hello all,

I'm running Emby server version 3.5.2.0 on Windows and mainly use it through 2 chromecasts on the same network. The past three days however I have not been able to see my chromecasts in the "available devices" list using my Android phone. I thought it might be my chromecasts themselves but I can cast youtube and spotify to the same chromecast with no issues. My Fiance (fiancee?) can cast the emby server to the same chromecasts using her iPhone.

When viewing the information in the server dashboard I can see where her phone direct plays to the "emby for chromecast 2.1.0"

I've also tried using the direct IP address through my phone and Firefox browser to bypass the App, but I am still not able to see any chromecasts.

I've also tried deleting all the devices in the server dashboard, including my phone.

The strange thing is that my DLNA TV is now always an option to cast to, even while powered off.

I apologize if this is in the wrong topic, as I'm not sure if the problem lies in my app, server, or chromecast.

Thanks for any help!

ffmpeg-transcode-fcdb8e47-eade-4c4f-b25a-ed2aa2375e0e.txt

Hi, firefox does not support chromecast. can you try with the chrome browser and let me know how that compares? thanks.

PsycoEmu

Well the funny thing is that the issue disappeared almost as soon as I posted this topic. It was happening for roughly 4 days before it allowed me to actually see the correct device list. 
I don't know what changed, if anything, so sorry to anyone else that has this problem and is looking for answers :/ 

But I'm glad it works again!