Not all listings displayed from Schedules Direct

hollomat
Go to solution Solved by hollomat,

hollomat

I am trying the free trial of schedule direct. When selecting the listing to use the OTA listing is not among the selections for my area code. The drop down list includes cable, digital and satellite  but no local broadcast. I contacted schedules direct and was informed the listing is there and the name of it, but Emby uses a drop down list and its not on it. I've tried multiple local zip codes and local broadcast listings are still not displayed as an option.

Does anyone have any suggestions or work around to get all listing options to display in Emby or a way to add too the list displayed in the drop down. Trying to make sure Schedules Direct will work before trial is over so I can decide to get sub. Any help or point in the right direction is appreciated.

Emby server on Synology DS418 Play

HDhomerun Quatro and Extend.

hollomat

That is my problem I know it should be there in the drop down list but it is not, I've cleared all tuners and started from scratch multiple times. I've checked with schedule direct and they say OTA is configured for my zip code but Emby will not display it on the drop down list it will only list digital, cable, at&t uverse and satellite, no OTA. If I select area provider Digital I can map some of the channels but OTA channel listing is different. OTA listing selection, is not one of the listed options being displayed in Emby. What can I do?

did you try logging into the schedules direct website and looking at the available lineups for your zip code?

• Solution
hollomat

Yes I did. In setup when asked to check applications I checked Emby which is listed under JSON. It then tells you there are two methods of data service. the new SD-JSON and the lineup is then managed by the application. As far as I can tell this is what Emby is using, and provides data listing with in Emby.

There is also a legacy SD-DD (XML), after several tries, just to see broadcast data for my zip code I used the legacy method and viewed a OTA local listing for my area code it was correct. Also support for SD looked and told me an OTA listing was generated for my zip and gave me the name, USA-OTA-(my area code). So yes there is a listing its just not visible as a selection in Emby on my DS418 Play. All other listings are displayed in Emby except OTA, I've selected each of them then mapped  a channel that is common across listing (to see if they work, they do). Everything works perfectly except the listing for OTA will not display in the drop down.

Solved! I don't know if someone at SD or Emby changed something or something as simple as the following actually made a difference.

1. Reinstall Emby from backup.

2 I've been opening the Emby server Dashboard from within Synology dsm by going to packages and selecting open. I copied Emby dashboard url to chrome and opened it, there it was antenna entry, it was now the last entry on the list.

Edited by hollomat

• 4 weeks later...
CloudMedia

I'm have the same issue with Emby installed on a Win 10 machine. I can't select the OTA local listing that I've configured from SD.

Incidentally, Emby is not listed as on the Approved Software list.

Any ideas?