Transcoding MediaPortal Recordings

nanuk
Go to solution Solved by pünktchen,

Hi,

when using the Emby LiveTV section or the menu item "MediaPortal Recordings" to watch my recordings, emby always starts to transcode the recorded file.

When navigating to the folder that contains all my recordings (which is a subfolder of a share that is from library type "Home-Videos and Photos") and selecting a file/recording, the TS File is played directly without any transcoding procceses.

So... the same file is being transcoded when starting it from the LiveTV section or the menu item "MediaPortal Recordings" and is otherwise played directly (which is correct) when clicking on the file in the folder of my library :-( ?!?

Is there any reason for this?

Greetz

Hi pünktchen,

I think I understood... there's an option called enable direct access of recording files and that was disabled.

I'll try it this evening and will report afterwards ;-)

thx

• Solution
pünktchen

Hi pünktchen,

I think I understood... there's an option called enable direct access of recording files and that was disabled.

I'll try it this evening and will report afterwards ;-)

thx

Unfortunately this will only work for future recordings. If you want this to work for existing recordings, you'll have to set the options (do not forget to define the remote share path) then uninstall the plugin and shutdown Emby. Delete Emby's cache folder, start Emby, do a guide refresh and library scan and then reinstall the plugin.
  • Like 1

Unfortunately this will only work for future recordings. If you want this to work for existing recordings, you'll have to set the options (do not forget to define the remote share path) then uninstall the plugin and shutdown Emby. Delete Emby's cache folder, start Emby, do a guide refresh and library scan and then reinstall the plugin.

what exactly is meant by remote share path? could you post a screenshot of your recording settings?

Edited by nanuk

pünktchen

what exactly is meant by remote share path? could you post a screenshot of your recording settings?

Maybe later, i'm still at work.

There should be two input fields.

One is the local recording path that you've defined in TVServer, eg.

D:\Recordings

This folder has to be shared in your network.

The other field is for your remote path, eg.

\\192.168.0.25\Recordings
Edited by pünktchen
  • Like 1

Maybe later, i'm still at work.

There should be two input fields.

One is the local recording path that you've defined in TVServer, eg.

D:\Recordings

This folder has to be shared in your network.

The other field is for your remote path, eg.

\\192.168.0.25\Recordings

ok, then I understood right, thx a lot man... works as designed ;-)