Auto Organize Error:Null

geno27

I've been getting an error while using the Auto Organize for TV Shows. I'm using Windows 10, Server 3.5.2.0 but this has been happening for awhile. It seems to be a few random TV series. Some of these series, such as Bar Rescue in the example below, used to work fine. Auto organize fails to recognize the series for an episode, so then I try to match it manually. After selecting the series name from the list and hitting OK, I get an Error:null message. I have attached a log file below.

5b7c355b3ae73_autoorganize.jpg

5b7c357217882_autoorganizeerror.jpg

embyserver.txt

The error message needs to be improved, but this is what happens when it can't find internet metadata for that particular episode.

• 5 months later...
Shibboleth

The error message needs to be improved, but this is what happens when it can't find internet metadata for that particular episode.

I noticed an issue with this recently.

For TV Shows, I cannot auto-organize any episodes, because they all turn up null.

This may be because there is no entry for their new season on TheTVDB, but this is because TheTVDB stopped using IDs for each season: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=48384

So how can I get Emby to start looking for episode metadata using the series ID instead?

I noticed an issue with this recently.

For TV Shows, I cannot auto-organize any episodes, because they all turn up null.

This may be because there is no entry for their new season on TheTVDB, but this is because TheTVDB stopped using IDs for each season: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=48384

So how can I get Emby to start looking for episode metadata using the series ID instead?

We don't use season id's so that should have no bearing. Please see how to report a problem. thanks.

• 4 months later...
danergo

Hello!

I'm experiencing the same problem with auto-organize (Error: null).

My version is 4.1.1.0, Emby states it's up-2-date.

Server runs on Linux, if that's matter.

Dashboard is opened on Windows 10 in Chrome browser.

Auto-organize prints this error message (Error: null) if I manually create directory for my series and choose it from the list.

I can reproduce it all the time when I select a custom series directory which was not created by the auto-organize plugin.

Here you can see a few shots about this: https://imgur.com/a/w6VoqPE

"Life after Chernobyl" was created manually (not by the auto-organize plugin).

Every time when I select that from the series list, the plugin runs onto this error.

Expected behaviour1: Auto-organize should accept my choice here. (or don't show it at all if it could not put the files into that directory)

Expected behaviour2: more sophisticated error message.

Ok, the error message is in the log.

The error message in the web app is likely to remain for now. We are looking for community help with the auto organize plugin. Thanks.