A Rookie Question: Where is TheAudioDB?

caroig

Hey there, out of frustration with lack of support from the Plex team (I've been a paying user since long time ago), I've installed Emby and prepaid Premium for a month to give it a test drive. Pretty much impressed so far. I've started with creating a Music library and have been struggling with getting artist pictures. Mainly, I'm missing TheAudioDB metadata option. Under MusicAlbum and MusicArtist metadata downloaders I get only MusicBrainz. I have searched thru the settings, forums, plugins but haven't found any related options. I'm running the latest nono-beta Emby Server on Ubuntu 18.04.Thank  for help. 

arrbee99

No idea about Linux and haven't fiddled with music for ages, but are you looking for this...

5b7be58488967_Embymusicmetadata.jpg

If you don't have the option for TheAudioDB I don't why you wouldn't, otherwise I guess you just need to tick them.

Under Library, click the three dots, select Manage Library and turn on Show Advances Settings (though I think it shows up without that bit anyway).

Thanks @@arrbee99. Your screenshot is exactly how I would expect the page to like, based on other posts here. But in my system, there's just MusicBrainz. I did try searching everywhere in the settings. Weird though, this is actually my second Emby installation within an hour, first I tried the latest beta but it crashed twice when scanning the music folder. And I think there were actually both MusicBrainz and TheAudioDB tickboxes because when I completely uninstalled it (via Synaptic, with check Complete Removal which is supposed to delete also data the app created) and installed the latest stable version, I was sort of surprised TheAudioDB option wasn't there. But may be imagining things.

• Like 1

Hi. We had to remove them recently due to problems with their API.  It should come back in the next version.

Thanks.

• Like 2