movie poster thumbnails in background

sdvidiot

sdvidiot

I'm using the Chocolate theme.  I used to have movie poster thumbnails scrolling in the background on my top level screen but now only have a list of movies scrolling.  How do I change it back to the good old days?

Edited by sdvidiot

sdvidiot

Do you see the posters in the emby web app?

There are posters in the web app representing the movies. 

I'm having a problem in WMC, however.  In the attached photo from the OP, you can see the movies listed.  Before recent changes to Emby, instead of the listing of the movies, there was continuous scroll of the movie poster thumbnails from the particular highlighted folder ("Action", "Adult Comedy", etc) in a kind of moving wallpaper.

There are posters in the web app representing the movies. 

I'm having a problem in WMC, however.  In the attached photo from the OP, you can see the movies listed.  Before recent changes to Emby, instead of the listing of the movies, there was continuous scroll of the movie poster thumbnails from the particular highlighted folder ("Action", "Adult Comedy", etc) in a kind of moving wallpaper.

I cannot envision anything like that ever having been in EMC but have you tried changing the view style for that folder?

sdvidiot

In the View Settings, I have "Coverflow" chosen along "Vert Scroll".

It definitely worked in the WMC app (and before that in Classic) right up until about a week ago.

I'm sorry but I cannot visualize what has changed since what you are seeing is how its always been as far as I know.

Perhaps you were using a different theme...?

throgmorton

Perhaps you were using a different theme...?

Not one of mine...

I'm still trying to piece together what exactly was happening but it sounds like his posters were scrolling in the RAL when your focus was on one of your top folders.

sdvidiot

I sincerely apologize for leading you on a wild goose chase.  I had mistakenly changed my theme to Chocolate but, in fact, the Subdued was my original theme -- and does, in fact, display the posters the way I recalled!  Ooops!  If the administrator wouldn't mind, we can chuck this whole topic.

Howie