Audio sync issues with 3.0.10

AdrianW

imthedoctor

The update today fixed head phone sync issues, but yeah the Bluetooth sync issue is back from what I can tell. Which i'd prefer over the other way around

Edited by imthedoctor

troyhough

I too confirm that with 3.0.28, the Bluetooth delay is back and as bad as ever.

The phone speaker delay, however, appears to be fixed.

• 1 month later...
troyhough

Using the latest version 3.0.34, there is still audio delay over bluetooth.  Is this still being looked at?

Yes @@Luke has said it's being worked on but it's been an ongoing issue (for me), believe it not, for 3 months.

Just to add some feedback I also have ~ 1 sec audio delay when watching via bluetooth headphones - this is well in excess of any normal delay introduced by the bluetooth stack when using youtube, plex etc.

Phone: Oneplus 5t with Android Pie (9.0.3)

Headphones: Bose QC35

Emby Android v 3.0.34

Edited by akawoz
  • Like 1

blunderdome

Still seeing this issue on 3.0.35.  Currently the only thing keeping me from migrating fully from Plex and going all in on a lifetime sub.  Any word on the status of the issue or an ETA on a fix?

• Like 2

troyhough

Still seeing this issue on 3.0.35.  Currently the only thing keeping me from migrating fully from Plex and going all in on a lifetime sub.  Any word on the status of the issue or an ETA on a fix?

It's pretty embarrassing how long this particular bug has been around to put it mildly...

Edited by troyhough

imthedoctor

It's pretty embarrassing how long this particular has been around to put it mildly...

Yeah... Maybe they can just add something to manually control the offset.

twitchstick

I have a delay as well using my bluetooth headphones. Using an external player solves to problem. I hope this gets fixed soon. This is the only problem I'm having with Emby and its a significant one.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

troyhough

I have a delay as well using my bluetooth headphones. Using an external player solves to problem. I hope this gets fixed soon. This is the only problem I'm having with Emby and its a significant one.

It's been going on for months. Don't count on it...

• 2 weeks later...
troyhough

Are there any News?

I gave up on the app. I use Chrome Web now. Works very well. I encourage others to do the same.

http://app.emby.media

Edited by troyhough

twitchstick

Are there any News?

I'm getting ready to travel again soon and can't use the app because of it on my flight. The same goes for downloading media as it gets stuck. Not sure what is going on with Emby lately.

AdrianW

I'm getting ready to travel again soon and can't use the app because of it on my flight. The same goes for downloading media as it gets stuck. Not sure what is going on with Emby lately.

I've just been manually copying videos to my phone and then using VLC to play them.

VLC has a built-in option to adjust the bluetooth delay.

troyhough

I've just been manually copying videos to my phone and then using VLC to play them.

VLC has a built-in option to adjust the bluetooth delay.

Using an external, in my opinion, sucks and is a band-aid solution. It doesn't keep track where you leave off on a movie so you can go back later to finish. It doesn't mark a movie as watched. Just to name a couple.

Have you tried the Emby web version?

AdrianW

Using an external, in my opinion, sucks and is a band-aid solution. It doesn't keep track where you leave off on a movie so you can go back later to finish. It doesn't mark a movie as watched. 

At the moment the benefits of just using something like VLC outweigh the negatives.

For my use case, it's fine. I can stick an entire season on my phone - watch them one by one and then manually mark the season as watched in Emby. I'm not switching devices for these shows. As for movies, VLC will keep track of position within a video on that device, and I won't be switching devices so it's all good. (I wouldn't normally watch movies on a phone anyway).

The last time I was using Android Emby the thing was taking 30 seconds to even startup (when not on my network), maybe that's improved since - but that along with the bluetooth delay means it's just not worth bothering with.

troyhough

At the moment the benefits of just using something like VLC outweigh the negatives.

For my use case, it's fine. I can stick an entire season on my phone - watch them one by one and then manually mark the season as watched in Emby. I'm not switching devices for these shows. As for movies, VLC will keep track of position within a video on that device, and I won't be switching devices so it's all good. (I wouldn't normally watch movies on a phone anyway).

The last time I was using Android Emby the thing was taking 30 seconds to even startup (when not on my network), maybe that's improved since - but that along with the bluetooth delay means it's just not worth bothering with.

For me, it starts up almost immediately. Try it a few times, just for fun:  http://app.emby.media/#!/home.html

KarlDag

That suggests the Emby devs have been sitting on their thumbs.

They're not Plex.

Exactly.

Though the Bluetooth delay is a reason why I sometimes have to use Plex, when I need to use headphones, and that sucks.

neik

I just bought some bluetooth headphones and am also seeing async video/audio.

Mi 8 Pro, latest stable Global ROM

Emby latest beta (3.0.35 iirc)

@@Luke, @@ebr,

can we please have an update on the current status? Your last comment was back in December!

Edited by neik

troyhough

Exactly.

Though the Bluetooth delay is a reason why I sometimes have to use Plex, when I need to use headphones, and that sucks.

Have you tried using the Web app? Put this in your browser: http://app.emby.media

This works very well for me, I don't miss the Android app...

troyhough

I just bought some bluetooth headphones and am also seeing async video/audio.

Mi 8 Pro, latest stable Global ROM

Emby latest beta (3.0.35 iirc)

@@Luke, @@ebr,

can we please have an update on the current status? Your last comment was back in December!

Have you tried using the Web app? Put this in your browser: http://app.emby.media

KarlDag

Have you tried using the Web app? Put this in your browser: http://app.emby.media

I read your post, and while it probably works, I don't wish to use the browser. The app has other advantages, including codec support and sync support.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jdiesel

Every month that passes more users move to Android phones with no physical headphone jack. The move to Bluetooth headphones is being forced on mobile users and this is no longer a niche bug affecting a small number of Emby users.

• Like 1

neik

Wep app might be a nice workaround it doesn't solve the issue with the App though and that needs to be fixed.

Anyways, thanks for the hint but it won't help me much for my usecase as I am currently syncing the stuff to my mobile and playing it back during commute and while offline.

• Like 1