Audio sync issues with 3.0.10

AdrianW

AdrianW

There was an update to the Android app over the weekend - now I'm getting an audio delay in everything I've tried playing since.

Examples: AVC with AC3, AVC with HE-AAC.

Note: the same files played fine last week. They all direct play, no transcoding is taking place.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

RedNuttyGuy

I've been getting the same issue as well. Using the web player or using an external player like vlc gives synced audio so I feel it's most likely an issue with the player itself

koldfuzion

I've also been seeing the same issue since the 3.0.10 update on Android. The audio seems to be ahead of the video by a fraction of a second. It doesn't seem to be restricted to any specific format, all of them seem to have the same issue when using the app.

Currently running Android Pie on a Pixel XL with the latest 3.0.10 update from the Play store.

AdrianW

Well, we've explained the problem in words - and in my case a server log would be pointless as I was playing downloaded videos whilst commuting.

Is there anything else we need to supply?

Note: playing the same videos (from the emby download folder) on the phone using MX Player and audio is in sync.

Edited by AdrianW

cybergrimes

I've had some audio sync issues with Android TV lately, same files have no issue on Emby Web app, server restart would resolve the issue each time.

It only happened twice and it was two random movies, since the restart fixed it I never felt a need to report it.

Anyway just sharing since I saw others discussing this on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/emby/comments/99ee0q/audiovideo_out_of_sync_on_android_app/

Edited by cybergrimes

rahul65

I have the same issue. Everything works fine on web app and with external player. But on native player it video lags behind audio. Could you please fix it asap. It is the only thing that is keeping me to switch to emby from plex.

cybergrimes

I don't watch anything use Emby for Android on my phone but I was able to reproduce this on the very first video I just watched.

I tried earlier on my tablet and could not reproduce the problem. I didn't look but assume tablet/phones run same version; my tablet is an x86 Intel chip though, not sure if that would matter.

Here's a server log, I was watching Star Trek First Contact

Edit: I can't seem to find an app log for client; followed directions here but I only see folders 'images' and 'sync', nothing hidden either

Server.log

Edited by cybergrimes
  • Like 1

rahul65

Still same, tested two different files that is working fine on web app..but having same video lagging behind audio on thr apk you just now provided.

Edited by rahul65

rahul65

Nope, played two different files, still same. Btw i am using oneplus 3t with android pie if it helps you.

Edited by rahul65