Bugged media player in google chrome

el_pedriyo

el_pedriyo

Don't know then, I have no idea what could be happening, do you need anything else for me to test? Or how could we solve this?

el_pedriyo

I have tried again with firefox lowering the quality of the video, but no good results, the loading icon continues in the middle of the video while the movie is playing and the control panel with the pause, stop and play options is not appearing:

jFUIfdW_Sw6MzXPZ7iRcLg.png

Any other idea?

el_pedriyo

I am running out of ideas at this point, aside from the network just not delivering it fast enough.

The thing is just quite weird, as if it was something with the nextwork on internet explorer it wouldn't work neither. Also I have a network of 1gbps and I have tested and there is no bottleneck between the 2 devices. So I wouldn't think it is a network problem

el_pedriyo

I have been testing now with my chromecast and I am having the same weird thing, only some films are being played, I am completely losted. Could it be the new debian version? As I tested with windows and everything seemed to be fine.

el_pedriyo

I am gonna test a little bit more, because when it was working it was on a windows on a different machine and network. Now I will do it with the same hardware. I will be letting you know once I have something

el_pedriyo

Hello,

It seems that all this bugs about the movies being played on chrome, firefox or chromecast is only happening when I set up a library in network, either CIFS or NFS. I have been watching the processes of my system and discovered that fffmpeg was using almost 1gbps of connection at the starting of the video even though the video was not being played, after closing the video because it was not being played the process continued like 3 min using almost 1gbps.

Any idea on why could this be happening, and why emby bugs up on network connec/tions.

In this case my host was pretty much capable of managing everything, I was using an 8/16 CPU with 16G of ram. When I tried on this same system the movies locally, everything was working fine, it ends up bugging when trying them remotely on CIFS or NFS.

P5krclAFSpeYHTu1w4qhVQ.png

Kind regards

el_pedriyo

Also, when I am finally able to start the movie, it doesn't use that amount of network, just between 100-200mbps. So do not know why I am getting those peaks

el_pedriyo

Hello again,

Seems like I am getting some time of HLS error on chrome console maybe thats why it does not play? or it is just delayed?

erHxVGsmQHudZvoAqSohbw.png

el_pedriyo

Hello again,

I have continued testing this and I have discovered more things, here they are:

-When I try to play a film and it bugs it starts using 300mbps of the RX connection, I imagine that form the NFS share server, once it starts playing it lowers to 98mbps, no idea why:

lsrT0qKOTWK7mda-E5awtA.png

-Also I do not know why the RX is higher than the TX, as should be the same, the same data downloaded from the NFS share via RX and uploaded to the browser or other device via TX:

stKTcAVmQMOlJIaPUIDIHA.png

-And finally, here you can see the download connection when playing from internet explorer, there was not needed to download at 300mbps, it just started playing and downloading at 60mbps more or less:

TgCcaGZVSjmQ_jIhACb3kw.png

@@Luke are you able to guess anything of this? Because after all the testing I have done, I concluded that something wrong might be happening with emby at this stage.

el_pedriyo

More testing:

- It seems that when I am with no internet connection, I took out the gateway ip from my server, everything works great on all platforms, could be that for some reason emby server is trying to download any metadata or content before displaying the movie?

Kind regards

mastrmind11

What does iperf look like between your server and your NAS?  Set iperf to a bitrate that matches one of the movies your trying to play.  It's very clearly a network issue, but I doubt it's driver related as both CIFS and specifically NFS were designed for moving data over a network.  They do come w/ an overhead so if your NFS server is terribly underpowered, that might cause issues.  What is the filesystem of your NAS?  What does your fstab look like?  What version of NFS are you using? etc etc etc

Edited by mastrmind11

el_pedriyo

This is highly specific to your setup so unfortunately not at this point.

I think @@mastrmind11 is seasoned with NFS and might have some ideas. Thanks.

Hello,

I can not understand how can it be my setup if I am able to reach 1gbps between my server and my device, finding that on internet explorer and my mobile phone, I am being able to watch every movie/serie, but that on chrome, firefox and chromecast I am not able. Also pasted the images in where you can see that emby is using different network speeds when trying to display the same movie on different devices.

May I am wrong but if it would be a network issue, don't you think that on all devices I will be having errors?.

Also I have found now that some movies are having its photograph missing in chrome also, but not in explorer:

kECVBNTvTWq1dapi-LL21w.png

Is that also a problem of my setup?

What does iperf look like between your server and your NAS?  Set iperf to a bitrate that matches one of the movies your trying to play.  It's very clearly a network issue, but I doubt it's driver related as both CIFS and specifically NFS were designed for moving data over a network.  They do come w/ an overhead so if your NFS server is terribly underpowered, that might cause issues.  What is the filesystem of your NAS?  What does your fstab look like?  What version of NFS are you using? etc etc etc

Hello,

I will try iperf tomorrow, I have never use it before, so I will need to see how it goes. About the filesystem and how it is mounted, I am currently using freenas with ZFS. Here is my dataset config:

Dt6bfdruRUebOd647nRTOw.png

Here my NFS server config:

pSxQH-yWTs2Eq4gF9pTlZw.png

And here my fstab:

192.168.1.202:/mnt/Volumen1/media /mnt/media  nfs rw,async,hard,intr,noexec 0 0

And as I was telling I am able to reach the 1gbps between the NFS server, the hosts with emby, and the device that needs to play the movie/serie.

Please let me know if you might think something is wrong on my config and I will be testing it. I also changed the dataset to run async and the NFS with UDP but it didn't solve the problem

mastrmind11

Hello,

I can not understand how can it be my setup if I am able to reach 1gbps between my server and my device, finding that on internet explorer and my mobile phone, I am being able to watch every movie/serie, but that on chrome, firefox and chromecast I am not able. Also pasted the images in where you can see that emby is using different network speeds when trying to display the same movie on different devices.

May I am wrong but if it would be a network issue, don't you think that on all devices I will be having errors?.

Also I have found now that some movies are having its photograph missing in chrome also, but not in explorer:

kECVBNTvTWq1dapi-LL21w.png

Is that also a problem of my setup?

Hello,

I will try iperf tomorrow, I have never use it before, so I will need to see how it goes. About the filesystem and how it is mounted, I am currently using freenas with ZFS. Here is my dataset config:

Dt6bfdruRUebOd647nRTOw.png

Here my NFS server config:

pSxQH-yWTs2Eq4gF9pTlZw.png

And here my fstab:

192.168.1.202:/mnt/Volumen1/media /mnt/media nfs rw,async,hard,intr,noexec 0 0

And as I was telling I am able to reach the 1gbps between the NFS server, the hosts with emby, and the device that needs to play the movie/serie.

Please let me know if you might think something is wrong on my config and I will be testing it. I also changed the dataset to run async and the NFS with UDP but it didn't solve the problem

I dunno man, sounds very user specific. I have several zfs nfs shares on a little Celeron NAS and I have zero issues. Odd that ie would work but no other broswers, since they'd all be transcoding. Without sitting in your house, I'd have no way to diagnose this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Happy2Play

Missing images in browser is a browser cache issue.  I am seeing it more often now in Chrome 69.  Clear the cache and all images appear, at least for me they do.

el_pedriyo

Missing images in browser is a browser cache issue.  I am seeing it more often now in Chrome 69.  Clear the cache and all images appear, at least for me they do.

Really weird

el_pedriyo

I dunno man, sounds very user specific. I have several zfs nfs shares on a little Celeron NAS and I have zero issues. Odd that ie would work but no other broswers, since they'd all be transcoding. Without sitting in your house, I'd have no way to diagnose this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, I see, the worst thing is that finally I won't be able to use emby :(

I didn't want to go with plex, but at this point....

Edited by el_pedriyo

el_pedriyo

Yes, it seems it was the cache