Apple TV stubborn issues

levander
Go to solution Solved by corey,

levander

Hi,

Here are some issues I've been having on latest release of Apple TV app (but also on previous releases)

- When in cinema mode some trailers are not playing properly (stops after few seconds) or not at all (usually stuck with blank screen and have to restart emby app). Those same trailers are playing correctly in web app or ios app. 

- Also movie itself sometimes doesn't start after trailers are played when in cinema mode. So I have to go through watching trailers again or turn off cinema mode to be able to start the movie.

- When try to exit playing media with the back button on Apple remote sometimes it works and it goes back to the detail screen but most of the times it exits emby. When I go in emby again it shows screen with playing media again so I have to try that several times back and forth until it actually works.

- Some media is behaving un-consistently when trying to play. Sometimes "oops something...stack owerflow..." is showing up after few seconds, sometimes after few minutes, sometimes not at all. I already reported this and send the logs. I also read about it in other reports where it was explained as problem with unsupported subtitles.

I am subscribed to Premium to give my support but at the same time it offers me (the only way) to watch local trailers (and that is I think actually only thing it offers I care about at this point) so I am bit disappointed that this doesn't work for such a long time. I hope this will be worked out, if not in this release than in next.

• Solution
corey

Thanks for taking the time to report these issues @@levander. They all appear to be playback related and while I understand it's not the best experience now, we are working on an entirely new player that I'm hopeful will resolve all of these issues. These types of issues are a lot of the motivation for us to move to a new player as the one provided by Apple has very limited support.

With that said I know you've expressed interest in the beta and once we get you on it hopefully you can help us validate and iron out any issues.

I hope this helps!

• Like 1