Emby Theater freeze when playing music

bls_fanatic

• 2 weeks later...
bls_fanatic

Since this issue is really causing me grief I have structured my testing a little more and I now have an interesting finding.  Both Emby Theater and Emby for Samsung TV can play music just fine as long as I do not use my android emby app to remote control them.

Since this is the summer we are mostly listening to music outside on wired outdoors speakers and I often use the Emby app on my android phone to remote control either ET or Emby for Samsung TV to adjust the volume or queue more songs.  The playback problem that has been described in this thread only happens if remote control has been used.  The remote session does not have to stay connected to cause the issue.  The issue does not happen right away after a connection but will always happen evnetually.

It seems that a remote control session messes with the current playlist or something and eventually the music will stop playing.

RobWayBro

Interesting..  I don't use my andriod for remote control but I do have the app installed on my andriod and it will periodically make a connection to my server as I have photos set to upload (I do like this feature to automatically backup my photos to my local server, cloud function on a machine I control).  

I will have to watch this combo...

• 4 months later...
bls_fanatic

Hello guys,

After giving up on Emby Theater and using mostly my Samsung TV Emby app I am forced to go back to the desktop version because of an upgrade to my sound setup and the inability of my Samsung TV to properly passthrough the sound signal to my amp.

I am now using Emby Theater 3.0.6 on a different computer from last time freshly rebuilt with Windows 10.  I am running into similar issues.  After playing on average 5 songs on an album, the playback stops.  I am attaching the server log.  playback started at 17:34 with D:\Music\Black Label Society\2010 - Order Of The Black\01 - Crazy Horse.mp3 and stopped at 17:44 with D:\Music\Black Label Society\2010 - Order Of The Black\04 - Darkest Days.mp3.  I am getting mulitple errors during playback and when the playback stopped.

Something different than before is I get an error on the PC saying that electron has stopped working instead of the PC simply being frozen.  I really need to get this fixed.  Are there more logs than could be relevant?  Is there a way to get logs from Emby Theater itself?  I use it to play movies and TV series and it is working perfectly.  I only get this problem with music.  I restarted Emby Theater and played the rest of the album at 18:14 with no problem.

My server version is 4.0.1.0.  The files are local to the server so the path D:\ belongs to the server.  I have an alternate path set for the library which is a network path \\192.168.0.100\Music$.  The share is accessible from the Emby Theater PC with no problem.  It actually plays the first 4-5 songs without issues.  Once it crashes I simply have to close Emby Theater and re-open it to start playing again.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

embyserver-63684576002.txt

Edited by bls_fanatic

I haven't been able to reproduce this. Is windows fully up to date? Are your audio drivers up to date? Have you configured windows sound settings appropriately? Have you customized any audio settings in the app?

bls_fanatic

I haven't been able to reproduce this. Is windows fully up to date? Are your audio drivers up to date? Have you configured windows sound settings appropriately? Have you customized any audio settings in the app?

Hello,

Windows 10 up to date. Drivers are up to date.  Sound is configured to output from HDMI port which is connected to my amp.  Audio options in the app is to passthrough everything (see screenshot).

Thanks

post-1413-0-82924300-1549408199_thumb.jpg