Allow music library read strm files of music

maximilianh75

maximilianh75

I have music in mp3 and flac format in my clouds, and i want to listen. But emby don't allow reproduce strm. But if i put in a video library reproduce and detected correctly like an audio file.

That means music it;s allowed but library don't like it. Please fix that if you can

We haven't implemented strm for music libraries at this point. it's possible for the future. thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great news Luke.

Just a question. Will this be implemented only on final 3.6 version? I am currently on Version 3.6.0.63 beta and this still do not work.

Thank you again for great software.

Sorry Luke. Probably I misunderstood the topic. My idea was to be able to scan strm music files into Emby library like normal flac or mp3 files.

If I add strm music files to library it seems that server do not recognize them correctly.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

So, I exported some strm files using google music addon for Kodi and then try to import these to Emby library but emby do not recognize the files neither the artists.

Ok. So I restart server. Add 3 albums on strm format by group “a place to bury strangers “ (that I already have 1 album in library). The albums appear on recently added but with no information at all nor images, also the albums do not show up under the artist that already exist.

Logs attached.

Thank you very much.

embyserver.txt

Artists come from embedded tags, which there are none for strm. So that's something we will have to figure out what the pattern will be.

That also explains why it got no internet metadata, due to the absence of artist information.

We will have to leave this for future development, but for you'd have to manually fill in artist info using the metadata editor.

Thank you for your response.

So your answer on post #12 is not true concerning that this is not even implemented. If you have hundreds of artists and thousands of albums in strm format you will be crazy if you go to insert every information by hand.

Anyway thank you for all the work on this fantastic software.

Thank you for your response.

So your answer on post #12 is not true concerning that this is not even implemented. If you have hundreds of artists and thousands of albums in strm format you will be crazy if you go to insert every information by hand.

Anyway thank you for all the work on this fantastic software.

Where do you propose the artist and album information will come from? It has to come from somewhere.

Hello

I have my stream files on that format: artist name - album name - song name.strm

There is any program that can parse all the information (artists and Albums) in this case?

Thank you

If we will never be able to reliably identify artist and album information, that calls into question the value of this feature at all.

My concern being what you guys are finding - it will be such a limited implementation that it will just be disappointing.

How many of you feel this feature is still desirable without that data?