Need easy method to refresh only missing metadata

BrianG
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

BrianG

Emby seems to run well for the most part. Perhaps the most frustrating thing for me is that there are random missing images. But if I go into the Metadata Manager and force a refresh (click on move title, click "...", select "Replace all metadata", check "Replace existing images"), the images DO show up. This works, but is a PITA to do for dozens of movies with missing stuff. Is there an easy way to do this for all such movies at once?

HI, yes you can use this same command on a higher level folder and that will do it. thanks.

BrianG

Thanks for the answer Luke. However, that is one of the first things I tried and didn't seem to affect anything. Maybe I just didn't wait long enough before checking? All I know is if I do those steps individually, the images update immediately.

But the problem is "solved" now, I just tasked my 9-year old with going through the list and doing the necessary steps on any entry missing images. Easy to do, but very tedious. At least it game her something to do since she's always "bored". lol.

mastrmind11

Thanks for the answer Luke. However, that is one of the first things I tried and didn't seem to affect anything. Maybe I just didn't wait long enough before checking? All I know is if I do those steps individually, the images update immediately.

But the problem is "solved" now, I just tasked my 9-year old with going through the list and doing the necessary steps on any entry missing images. Easy to do, but very tedious. At least it game her something to do since she's always "bored". lol.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Solution

Refreshing from a higher level folder works just fine, however since you can't really see the progress apart from watching the server log, this may lead you into thinking it's not working if you look for results before it has actually completed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

HI, yes you can use this same command on a higher level folder and that will do it. thanks.

Sorry to hijack this old thread, but this is exactly what I would like to do. However, I can't seem to see that command at the higher level folders. For instance, if I click on the TV folder, no menu options appear on screen.

What Emby app? How are you clicking?

Hi Luke, just browsing to the server manager, then to the metadata manager. If I click a show or movie, I get the menu top right, but not if I click a top folder like TV or movies.

Happy2Play

Hi Luke, just browsing to the server manager, then to the metadata manager. If I click a show or movie, I get the menu top right, but not if I click a top folder like TV or movies.

There are no top folder level options via Metadata Manager.  You can do this via Home Screen or Dashboard-Library

• Like 1

There are no top folder level options via Metadata Manager.  You can do this via Home Screen or Dashboard-Library

Ahhhh, what an idiot... it's right there! Thanks h2p!