3.0.1 GUI very choppy scrolling

Diedrich

Diedrich

Is anyone else seeing very rough, choppy scrolling in ET 3.0.1? I use the vertical TV GUI and a touchpad to scroll. I find that 3.0.1 is extremely choppy and does not scroll smoothly. 3.0.0 was very smooth and rendered properly, it feels as though 3.0.1 doesn't have hardware acceleration enabled - I would liken it to trying to navigate Kodi on a Raspberry Pi 1 A. Logs attached.

At one point I copied over the 3.0.0 Github files but I recently realized that 3.0.1 created a new System folder so I reverted back to 3.0.1 to avoid any issues with interacting with Emby Server 3.5.2.0.

Edit: I checked my video settings and I had hardware acceleration disabled as I didn't feel it was needed with a Ryzen 5 1600 and a GTX 1050Ti. I set acceleration to Auto and also enabled the OpenGL High Profile but the scrolling still feels choppy GUI scrolling, this wasn't the case in 3.0.0 even with hardware acceleration disabled.

Edited by Diedrich

Diedrich

You may need to use a different version of electron.

Do you know the version used in Windows ET 3.0.0? Where do I get electron and where/how does it get installed?

Diedrich

Do you have very long lists of items?

My Media

Continue Watching

Latest TV

Latest Movies

Live TV

On Now

but it wasn't choppy on 3.0.0

Edited by Diedrich

Diedrich

So it's your home screen that isn't smooth?

I was actually just testing that theory. No, it extends to the movies section as well.

...aaaand now as I test all screens (home screen too), they are all smooth! I modified nothing, all I did was play a video and stop it part way through and then started navigation.

Edited by Diedrich

Guest asrequested

Electron may have just had a glitch with the hardware acceleration. Did you have chrome open when you had the problem?

• 1 year later...