APP EMBY on Amazon Fire TV Stick - Basic -->No Trailer????

wonderfulman1

wonderfulman1

Hello,

I bought the Amazon USB / HDMI dongle, the Amazon Fire Stick - Basic.

(Https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Stick-Basic-International-Version/dp/B01ETRGE7M/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1534066629&sr=8-11&keywords=fire+stick)

It is an excellent product and I highly recommend it to everyone.

I then downloaded the "Emby for Fire TV" app and PAY IT for to use it and to give you support.

It works very well, however I would like to ask you if it is possible to insert the possibility to see the trailers

(because I have not been able to use them) as you can do with the pc browser version of your program / server.

I remain available for information about it and thank you for any reports / suggestions.

I can't play them too. I guess it is related to the fact that Youtube itself is no longer available for the Fire TVs.

You could work around this by having the trailer stored locally.

Hi.  YouTube trailers are not available on the Fire but, as Neik suggested, local ones will be.

Thanks.

wonderfulman1

It is not true that it is not possible to see the YouTube trailers on Fire Stick,

in fact the SILK browser or Firefox can be viewed in its entirety.

If I open Emby in a browser (on FIRE TV STICK) I can launch youtube trailer correctly.

Could you integrate this function by calling the external browser? (How it is performed for external players when starting the stored video stream...)

I think you can do it! 

So it remains a nice APP but it is "mutilated", and I do not like to download the trailers in premises, because they would occupy useless space.

Hi.  The problem is the integration is not what it should be due to the customized version of Android on the Fire.  This makes it a very poor user experience trying to transition between our app and the YouTube video.

The integration is much better on Google devices so the app does show YouTube trailers when run in that environment.

wonderfulman1
So you are telling me that it is impossible to recall the opening of an external browser (eg silk or firefox) and passing a YouTube address to view the trailer? I can not believe!

Did you manage to create a fantastic system and you can not do this?

So you are telling me that it is impossible to recall the opening of an external browser (eg silk or firefox) and passing a YouTube address to view the trailer? I can not believe!
Did you manage to create a fantastic system and you can not do this?

It is not impossible but the user experience when doing something like that is very poor.  e.g. the trailer doesn't start automatically, it probably won't be full screen, it won't have the proper control for a remote control and, when it is finished, getting back to the Emby app is not intuitive or easy.

Given all of that, we have chosen not to do it at this time. 

wonderfulman1

It is not impossible but the user experience when doing something like that is very poor.  e.g. the trailer doesn't start automatically, it probably won't be full screen, it won't have the proper control for a remote control and, when it is finished, getting back to the Emby app is not intuitive or easy.

Given all of that, we have chosen not to do it at this time. 

ok, but how come if I use Silk browser or Firefox browser on the Amazon Fire Stick, all these problems that you describe are not there, and everything works perfectly and controllable with the integrated remote control?

In my opinion it's just a matter of carrying out tests until you can ... and, because you are very good and I see it (I paid the app for Fire TV stick;)) ... engage a little and do this implementation.

Edited by wonderfulman1

In order to comply with Youtube terms of service, you have to use an official Youtube player or SDK to play the content.

There isn't one for android tv that allows us to easily do what we need to do. There IS one for web apps and that's why it works so well in the web app. Our options are actually pretty limited, meaning we might actually have to put a webview in the fire tv app in order to do this, so it's not something that can just be thrown in quickly. That's why it has taken so long. Thanks.

We actually tried using a web view and it did not work well either.

The other "apps" you are comparing to are web browsers.

As Amazon updates things we will revisit this.

On the Google side, it works quite well.

wonderfulman1
thanks for the explanation...

I hope you can implement it soon in the App, because you are really strong!

Let me know .. I could do some tests for you!

• 2 months later...
wonderfulman1
Hello, there are news about the trailer automatically read by Youtube? I saw that the APP has updated on my Firestick but I'm not there yet.  :(

Greetings

• 10 months later...

Can we revisit this issue since YouTube is now available on the Fire TV.

I think it has always been available.  The issue was in the Amazon forked version of Android.

I'll have to check and see if anything has changed here.

• 3 months later...
wonderfulman1
Hi, I saw that the trailer function from youtube has been integrated but in the Italian firestick it does not work because when you go to press "Trailer" the popup appears with the following message "Please ensure the Youtube App is installed" even if the YouTube app is properly installed.

I point out that the firestick is set in Italian and the Youtube app installed is obviously Italian.

Could you solve the problem?

Thank you

Hi, I saw that the trailer function from youtube has been integrated but in the Italian firestick it does not work because when you go to press "Trailer" the popup appears with the following message "Please ensure the Youtube App is installed" even if the YouTube app is properly installed.
I point out that the firestick is set in Italian and the Youtube app installed is obviously Italian.

Could you solve the problem?

Thank you

Hi.  Sorry, no we haven't figured this out yet.  Amazon's implementation of YouTube is not responding to the proper start command.