M3u playback issues

kikinjo

kikinjo

Hello,

Emby Theater desktop live tv still does not work after numerous posts here on forum from different users and premier subscribers.

I have troubleshooted this issue for months and every test is the same, Theater desktop simply does not work as it should be.

I have waited for newer versions where it said that some fixes were done, but it is still the same, still same issues that needs to

be looked at properly.

Facts:

- All streams work fine in Emby web client

- All streams work fine in vlc & and other clients

Issues:

- When starting stream in Theater, spinning cirlce of death, and emby freeze sometimes (sometimes is transcoding in background for 30 + seconds)

- Starting stream takes up to 35 seconds, but stream is not stable

- Streams are ALWAYS transcoded while they are not in web app for example

- There is no need to transcode stream, it should play direct like it is playing in webapp on the same server, same iptv provider

- Sometimes streams dont even start, error msg pops up in theater

I have included logs from this morning for 3-4 tests.

Luke & Devs, can we please give this issue priority, this issue was reported so many times on forum and not only here also on reddit

and other forums. Thank you

ffmpeg1Log.txt

ffmpeg2Log-0930.txt

ffmpeg2Log-0939.txt

ffmpeg2Log-0941.txt

serverlog-0920-0925.txt

serverlog-0930-.txt

• Like 2

Additionally try setting server transcoding settings such as thread count back to default. thanks.

kikinjo

Did all those things many times, no impact at all.

Even changed all video options in ET, nothing helps.

Edited by kikinjo

kikinjo

I already sent you before 3 different m3u lists, you confirmed that is working for you so no point....

As i stated in initial post emby web app works fine with same m3u, so issue cant be m3u provider.

Can u explain anything from provided logs maybe ? I dont understand why is every stream transcoded

in ET Desktop, ET waiting, spinning circle and frozing and delayed start of stream is due to transcoding (20-40 seconds).

Edited by kikinjo

Would you mind sending me a sample again? Even if it does work for me, i should at least be able to get to the bottom of why it's transcoding for you. Also are you behind a vpn?

kikinjo

Would you mind sending me a sample again? Even if it does work for me, i should at least be able to get to the bottom of why it's transcoding for you. Also are you behind a vpn?

Interesting i was just going to ask you the same thing :) Setup is like this, emby server is running on dedicated server with 2 intefaces, eth0 is public ip, tun0 is internal lan (for openvpn, and emby server running on internal ip). All emby clients are connecting over openvpn to internal lan (tun0 - 10.8.0.x), emby is running on 10.8.0.1 ip.

Basically public interface is only for vpn access for clients and nothing else. I did play with changing ip settings in emby server, switching between listening addresses to 127.0.0.1, 0.0.0.0, defining both public ip and internal ip, but it did not make any difference unfortunately.

Web app to emby server is working without issues as i said before, that's whats weird and pretty sure issue is in ET or emby server in this config....

Luke are you on windows ? Can i make you vpn access so u can test on the real thing on my environment ? Also m3u list is hosted on my server, sending you the list will

be ok for only 3 hours since tokens in m3u list are expiring. I Would really appreciate your time for troubleshooting this.

Thanx

I did play with changing ip settings in emby server, switching between listening addresses to 127.0.0.1, 0.0.0.0, defining both public ip and internal ip, but it did not make any difference unfortunately.

These should be left at default and only changed if there is a specific reason. Are they at default now?

• 3 weeks later...
kikinjo

These should be left at default and only changed if there is a specific reason. Are they at default now?

Hey Luke, yes default, tried all possible settings, same result every time. I even put up new dedicted server on public ip, added 4 diffrent iptv m3u lists, same results,

now sometimes even web app wont play it and i spotted that sometimes whole live tv thing stops working after cirlce spin and you must restart emby server completly

to get live tv back working.

Only m3u i got to work is from SS (smooth st...) but this one is very diffrent because it comes from special proxy on my box and it works flawwlesly. Seems there

is a isse with codecs / audio in streams from my m3u providers. But what confses me is that streams sometimes work in web sometimes not. Emby teather does

not work at all as i pointed out. Tried the latest beta also, same.

Going mad with this :(

kikinjo

I would suggest taking down the VPN.

Please read my post Luke, i tried it on new dedicated server without vpn, from public ip, all ports open, same thing.

• 1 month later...
72Cutlass

Same as above, please address this as live tv is in need of some love..Just a spinning circle, never connects, even when it first did, it took forever for a stream to start, my m3u list works great with pvr simper client in kodi, or vlc, but in emby its broken 99 percent of the time, and when it does work it takes forever for a stream to work..

Edited by EdBird
  • Like 1

I’m having the same issue using an M3U to talk to nextpvr...

Web interface works fine but ET takes 30s to start playing a channel!

• Like 1