Script to create a user no longer working?

AuroraServices

AuroraServices

Is there a actual list of what is required in the command. The wiki isn't very clear on this

Authenticate using /Users/AuthenticateByName. A 200 status code indicates success, while anything in the 400 or 500 range indicates failure.

The password must be sent in the body, in three different form fields:

pw - password in plain text
password - password in Sha1
passwordMd5 - password in MD5
IMPORTANT - The Emby login API is in a state of transition, and this is why three different forms of the password are required. Beginning April 1, 2018, only the "pw" param will be required. Until then, all three are needed in order to support both newer and older servers.

tried all three tried one tried none etc etc, 

currently this:

"Username": "actualusername",
  "Password": "sha1",
  "Pw": "editedcleartext",
  "PasswordMd5": "md5",
  "Userid" : "vjg8fgjdjdjd" 
}

is not working either. is there better documentation anywhere?

With AuthenticateByName you don't send UserId, you are logging in with just username and password.

AuroraServices

tried that to response is value cant be null

ahhhh, so this just popped up " Parameter name: appName"

got passed that and now we're on Parameter name: appNameroot  <----nooooooooo idea what to put here yet

Edited by AuroraServices

At this point you're essentially asking us to identify what is wrong with your requests, but there is plenty of information available to allow you to do that on your own. 

Have you compared what you're doing to our wiki documentation?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki

Have you compared what you're doing to our very own javascript api library?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.ApiClient.Javascript

AuroraServices

none of the items coming up are listed in the wiki, that would be why I asked is there proper documentation for the commands, it's now asking me for things that are not even talked about on the authentication page so what exactly should I be reading?

PenkethBoy

To try and answer your questions - as the WIKI's assume you are familiar with a lot of stuff thats not covered.

try looking at this script (its powershell not php which i think you are using) which shows you how to construct a valid login string and amongst other things how to create a user, change a password etc

https://github.com/RobinBeismann/PowerShell-EmbyApi/blob/master/EmbyLib.ps1

I have used this code initially - although i have refined it a lot to what i need and added some error checking which it lacks.

Should be easy enough to follow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
nhl3230@hotmail.com

i just dont understand where do i put this script in my whmcs and also what do i edit for the scrip to work with my emby servers

PenkethBoy

well the one he posted in the first post did not work - hence most of this tread

i posted an example (powershell) script (post #32) from github which works - so use that as a basis for your script?

nhl3230@hotmail.com

alright ill give it a try i just not know to much about coding and  just trying to get WHMCS to add new users to my emby server that is pretty much it

PenkethBoy

dont use WHMCS so cant help with that

but if it can run a user defined script - then you can pass from whmcs the users details to the script which then can add these to emby