Identify Issues

DarkZrobe

DarkZrobe

Emby Server Version 3.5.2.0 on Linux Mint 19

Tried to search the forums and find a answer but nothing was quite clear and the word Identify doesnt seem to be unique enough.

Just got done rebuilding my whole linux server as  I was attempting to upgrade from the older repo provided emby to the new one and wrecked everything. There really should be warnings for that on the install page or something. Too many results just say run the new version over the old one.

Any who this time around I renamed everything so it would identify better with the automatic detection, however I have a few stragglers that need manual detection.

When I use the identify tool I no longer seem to be able to immediately identify movies with IMDB id anymore. No results show up. I did see some forum posts back in February stating that emby doesnt search that database anymore (What happened?) But I wanted to confirm.

So I attempted to use the movidb which does have the movie in its database but that doesnt return any results either. But I am not quite sure what that website uses for its  "ID" as with IMDB I just used the number in the web address.

One of the Movies in question is Frank Herberts Children of Dune:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287839/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/9156-frank-herbert-s-children-of-dune?language=en

I cant seem to get the Emby Server to ID that.

Soooo what am I doing wrong if anything.

Also any way to make that back button in that Identify window actually go back to the search instead of closing the whole window? Really annoying.

Hi, can you please attach the emby server log from the identify attempt?

We do support lookup by Imdb Id, but we don't query Imdb directly. That means MovieDb needs to have the Imdb Id in their database so that we can lookup on their site by Imdb id. Thanks.

DarkZrobe

-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby 3.4M Aug  9 00:00 embyserver-63669369600.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby 263K Aug  9 16:20 embyserver.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 emby emby  25K Aug  8 20:39 ffmpeg-transcode-cc8a2d05-adcc-487c-ac07-783b0592d8e0.txt

Which log would you like?

And what exactly happened? it looks like you filled in a tmdb id of 438631, and as far as i can tell it was able to successfully pull metadata from Tmdb.

DarkZrobe

When I search for anything, "Children" "Children of Dune" "Frank Herbert" "tt0287839" etc no results are returned. I get a blank search page. I have a few others which also do not return results too. As it stands now that movie is un-identified.

When i search for tt0287839 i get children of dune. what metadata providers do you have enabled for the emby library that contains these movies?

DarkZrobe

Are you able to select which providers you get? Where are those options at?

Otherwise the library it is in is labeled as mixed media as I have shows and movies. I do get some results when I search for other things but it seems like the search may be broken (Or I have something disabled that maybe you can show me how to turn on).

For a movie library, MovieDb is enabled by default. For a tv library, tvdb is enabled by default.

• 4 weeks later...
AndyBlaser

May I ask an additional question? I checked my configuration and the settings should be correct, but I still don't see any results. I appreciate any help/support - thanks in advance! BTW: Emby is running from inside the official Emby container

Here is an excerpt from my server log:

2018-09-06 20:45:14.353 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&plot=full&r=json&s=dampfnudelblues&type=movie
2018-09-06 20:45:14.358 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://www.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&plot=full&r=json&s=dampfnudelblues&type=movie
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.4.1.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Unix 4.17.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /config
	Application directory: /system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.Http.CurlException: Couldn't resolve host name
	   at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler.ThrowIfCURLEError(CURLcode error)
	   at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler.MultiAgent.FinishRequest(StrongToWeakReference`1 easyWrapper, CURLcode messageResult)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsyncBuffered>d__58.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsyncBuffered>d__58.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.Http.CurlException
	System.Net.Http.CurlException: Couldn't resolve host name
	   at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler.MultiAgent.FinishRequest(StrongToWeakReference`1 easyWrapper, CURLcode messageResult)

Edited by AndyBlaser