Live tv m3u playlist

dirkdigs

dirkdigs

hello i currently use "Smart IPTV" to watch live tv using m3u playlist. 

can EMBY handle playback of .m3u file as well?

Where do i setup my URL? 

Are all servers supported or only specific ones?

I tried the IPTV plugin and got the following error:

Playback Error
No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.
Edited by dirkdigs

samuelqwe

You can use an m3u playlist with Emby. You need to set it up under Live TV in the dashboard, and set up your URL as an M3U Tuner. You can then also add your EPG URL as an XML TV guide source.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
dirkdigs

You can use an m3u playlist with Emby. You need to set it up under Live TV in the dashboard, and set up your URL as an M3U Tuner. You can then also add your EPG URL as an XML TV guide source.

i only received one URL from the provider. what is EPG ? How would i get this URL ?

samuelqwe

i only received one URL from the provider. what is EPG ? How would i get this URL ?

EPG is the program guide. Usually, providers give you both URLs, so if you don’t have one, you’ll need to look one up online for the channels you need.

samuelqwe

i loaded the m3u URL / none of the channels will play

however i do see all the channel listings.

What error do you get? Or does it never load?

dirkdigs

its not showing the groups?

i have 10000 channels all in a single group . 

is there any easier way to browse the channels?

i just want to see the USA channels

Edited by dirkdigs

samuelqwe

its not showing the groups?

i have 10000 channels all in a single group .

is there any easier way to browse the channels?

i just want to see the USA channels

Channel management is currently being worked on by the Emby team, so no there is no easier way to find and manage channels, other than using search within the Emby client apps.

samuelqwe

You can search from within the Emby Server web interface by clicking the search icon on the Emby home screen. Are you still having issues playing the streams?

dirkdigs

i got a few to play but most of them do not play .

this is paid subscription and they do play using my smart iptv app. 

Edited by dirkdigs

samuelqwe

Is this a free m3u playlist or a paid one? Most free ones have trouble playing properly.

samuelqwe

Have you tried with and without the auto loop live streams option to see if you can get the channels to play? It could also be that your browser doesn’t support the channel’s format, and the server is having trouble transcoding or something like that.

Jibest

Is there a way to use an m3u playlist with the iptv plugin? I appreciate you can add it under Live Tv but I have my VBox configured this way and do not want to mix up the vbox channels with all the channels from the iptv m3u file.

When I tried to add this in under IPTV it appears to want to only add one channel at a time? I'm guessing i'm doing something wrong?

• 7 months later...
LETHAL-DANgER

I just switched from Plex to Emby and bought the lifetime subscription. I’m hoping the LiveTV management includes organizing channels as well. Smarters IPTV does this well.

With Emby I create categories, NEWS, SPORTS etc to keep the channels I want organized.

I use the GSE app to remove all non english content and upload that m3u playlist into Emby LiveTV so it’s somewhat easier to navigate.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
AYEHAN

Hi,

I do NOT know if OP satisfied with the answer but i would like to share my experience

Livetv is paid so i use iptv plugin with 150 channels from a IPTV provider

What i did was download the .m3u file open it with Notepad

And added the channels i want into IPTV plugins that is 150 channels out of 7500 the m3u file contains.

After that i search google find image of channels and put it on the respectibe channels.

P.S : i dont know if IPTV plugin supports EPG, if it is i also wanted to know how

Regards

5e8ca5924ddb9_Screenshot_20200407210740.

P.S : i dont know if IPTV plugin supports EPG, if it is i also wanted to know how

No but our normal Live TV implementation will with an Emby Premiere subscription.

Thanks.

rockstartom

Hi,

I'm a premium subscriber and I'm having issues getting the live TV to work with iptv m3u i've tried everything, even edited the list so it's smaller to see if that helped. It didn't.

Also when I remove the tuner and restart it keeps all of the original channels list there I can't get rid of them no matter what I do?

rockstartom
Version: 4.5.0.5

Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-rpm_{version}_x86_64.rpm

Operating system: Unix 4.18.0.147

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Runtime: file:///opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2

Processor count: 8

Program data path: /var/lib/emby

Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system

System.Exception: System.Exception: ffprobe failed for "http://iptv.watch:8081/live/username/password/101.m3u8"- streams and format are both null:

{

}

I checked the logs and found the following:

ffprobe version 4.3.0-emby_2020_02_24 Copyright © 2007-2019 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC

built with gcc 8.3.0 (crosstool-NG 1.24.0)

[tcp @ 0xa91240] Connection to tcp://111.111.1.11:25461 failed: Connection timed out

I've changed the domain and removed username / password and replaced the IP address for security. When i test with VLC it plays absolutely fine...

I notice an IP address i didn't recognise with a default port number (25461) being used. Is this defaulting to that port? I need it to use the specified port if so.

Please help!

It says connection timed out. Do you have something blocking emby server from making the network connection?

rockstartom

Nothing block it. It is authenticated though which appears to be the issue. I tried it with a non authenticated generic stream and it works. Is there anyway I can get this to work with authenticated streams from my xt server? Also why did it have the default port in there when port was specified in the url?

Thanks.