List of songs under artist

Pancake

Pancake

I listen to a lot of electronic/dance music, and there's a lot of cases where multiple musicians may collaborate on a song. Likewise I have purchased a number of compilation albums where a specific musician may only contribute one or two songs out of a dozen or more.

I'd like to be able to view all the songs I have in my library that were made by/involved a specific artist. However, if I go to an artist page, I only get a list of albums that they were involved in, even though 90% of the songs in some of the albums have nothing to do with them. 

Would it be possible to add a view somewhere (such as on the artist info page) that will allow showing all the songs in a library made by that specific artist?

• Like 9

Hi, we thought it cluttered the design a bit so that's why we took it out. It's always possible to rethink this in the future. thanks.

Pancake

Thanks for your reply! I can see how that could get cluttered, especially if you have dozens of songs from a single artist. But such a feature (even if it was a separate page or search result) would be useful when a number of artists in your library have songs scattered between many different albums / album artists.

• 2 months later...
wedgekc

I would suggest a separate tab at the top (like the main music page) that would then list the songs (filtering for those songs would need to be included, too).  Another option would to add artists option to the filter criteria on the main songs page.

• 4 months later...
advanceratio

Yikes.  Takes a special thought process to remove functionality in the name of not being cluttered.  If you were concerned and clever, you could've just made it an option somewhere the in the settings.  Less control is never good for users.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
ginjaninja

I have a similar issue when finding content belonging to an artist.

If an album is entered via an artist view, could the album view be filtered, by said artist (tracks as artist or ablumartist), by default, so you see the artists contribution to the album not the whole album. with a highly visible toggle to clear the filter if desired...or tracks belong to the parent object (artist in this case) highlighted.

on large albums it is very hard to find the artists work.

same could apply to genre.

when you press play on the artist view, the content is filtered correctly (only where containted in artist or contained in albumartist)...but when you press play on an album in the artist view, the resulting queue is not filtered the same, I think the artist filter should apply to actions in the artist view and views spawned from it.

• 1 month later...
ginjaninja

i have recently been trying to make use out of playlists, there were a couple of times when i would have loved to have listed all tracks by the artist to find content to add to a playlist.

possibly better solutions to this issue via advanced search (artist=x, track name contains 'y') but a full track list for the artist would have been a useful function in the mean time.