• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pancake OFFLINE  

Pancake

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 05:34 AM

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:35 AM

I listen to a lot of electronic/dance music, and there's a lot of cases where multiple musicians may collaborate on a song. Likewise I have purchased a number of compilation albums where a specific musician may only contribute one or two songs out of a dozen or more.

I'd like to be able to view all the songs I have in my library that were made by/involved a specific artist. However, if I go to an artist page, I only get a list of albums that they were involved in, even though 90% of the songs in some of the albums have nothing to do with them. 

Would it be possible to add a view somewhere (such as on the artist info page) that will allow showing all the songs in a library made by that specific artist?

• d00zah, Jack Burton, wedgekc and 3 others like this

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 148965 posts
  • Local time: 06:34 AM

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:40 PM

Hi, we thought it cluttered the design a bit so that's why we took it out. It's always possible to rethink this in the future. thanks.

#3 Pancake OFFLINE  

Pancake

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for your reply! I can see how that could get cluttered, especially if you have dozens of songs from a single artist. But such a feature (even if it was a separate page or search result) would be useful when a number of artists in your library have songs scattered between many different albums / album artists.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 148965 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:36 PM

Yea and I can understand that as well. It's just a question of how we'd present it.

#5 wedgekc OFFLINE  

wedgekc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Local time: 06:34 PM

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:31 AM

I would suggest a separate tab at the top (like the main music page) that would then list the songs (filtering for those songs would need to be included, too).  Another option would to add artists option to the filter criteria on the main songs page.

#6 advanceratio OFFLINE  

advanceratio

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:18 AM

Yikes.  Takes a special thought process to remove functionality in the name of not being cluttered.  If you were concerned and clever, you could've just made it an option somewhere the in the settings.  Less control is never good for users.

• ombra040683 likes this

#7 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 148965 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

#8 negativzeroe OFFLINE  

negativzeroe

Advanced Member