Error on Install Win 10

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

EODCrafter

Researching Google that App is rated as a Severe Exploit...Probably why it was removed in Newer Updates of Windows.

throgmorton

Researching Google that App is rated as a Severe Exploit...Probably why it was removed in Newer Updates of Windows.

Can you get to it by starting up WMC then selecting Emby?

• Solution

Windows 10 does not include (or officially support) WMC.  Sounds to me like you are trying to install our WMC app on a system without WMC...

ehshell.exe?  That is a component of Windows Media Center.

EODCrafter

@@throgmorton...No

I went ahead and installed Emby Theater but I do have Windows Media Center, must be reconfigured version for Windows 10.

VULDB:

Windows Media Center "ehshell.exe" is vulnerable to XML External Entity attack allowing remote access to ANY files on a victims computer, if they open an XXE laden ".mcl" file via a remote share / USB or from an malicious "windowsmediacenterweb" web link.

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Windows 10 does not include (or officially support) WMC.  Sounds to me like you are trying to install our WMC app on a system without WMC...

ehshell.exe?  That is a component of Windows Media Center.

5b6b35aa7c766_Capture.png

I use Windows 10......

Right, but Windows 10 does not have Windows Media Center, therefore you cannot use Emby for WMC. You need to use Emby Theater, which it looks like you've figured out.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• Like 1

EODCrafter

Play on Words..I take it WMC is Different than WMP? My Bad....Never used either until now.

Correct. if you google search windows media center you can easily find what it looked like in older versions of windows.

throgmorton

Yeah WMC is very different from WMP.

I have good experience running WMC on Win10 even though its not officially supported.  It just seems Microsoft goes out of there way to erase it every time a large patch comes out.  But I think I've managed to stop Win10 from automatically updating to prevent that in the future.