CoverArt 4.0.79 - No longer working as before

pmartel51175
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

pmartel51175

I have the CoverArt plugin to use the covers by definition (HD/SD/..). When HD, use the BD cover, and when SD, use the DVD cover.

All my movies displayed one of those 2 options

I recently upgraded to these versions

Emby: Version 3.5.2.0

CoverArt: 4.0.79.0

And now my covers are all over the place. I have DVD, no covers, Blu-Ray, and H-264

5b6a3665ddaa3_movies.jpg

When I click on the no cover ones, I get the correct cover in the movie area, for example Alice in Wonderland becomes Blu-Ray

5b6a36cea3017_alice.jpg

And Alamo became DVD. Alien 3 stayed as H264 , and did not change to DVD as it should be.

Will you need the logs?

Thanks

Edited by pmartel51175

pmartel51175

Voila. Well I'll be darned. I did for Alice in Wonderland and Alien 3 and now have the correct covers.

Is there a mass refresh metadata that I can do?

And as a side note, it only worked when I also clicked on replace existing images.

Edited by pmartel51175

Happy2Play

Voila. Well I'll be darned. I did for Alice in Wonderland and Alien 3 and now have the correct covers.

Is there a mass refresh metadata that I can do?

And as a side note, it only worked when I also clicked on replace existing images.

Refresh at Library level, and yes you have to replace the existing images.

You have the multi-select option also, long hold mouse left click on a item.

Edited by Happy2Play

pmartel51175

Ok. Thanks Luke and Happy2Play for the quick help!

Edited by pmartel51175

Guest asrequested

I'm having little issue along these lines. Refreshed library and all the cover art went away. I notice in the plugin, that there's no preview. Related?

5b6f923118fcf_Snapshot_12.jpg

Brendon

Refresh at Library level, and yes you have to replace the existing images.

You have the multi-select option also, long hold mouse left click on a item.

This is easily the most ridiculous thing i have seen come from an emby update and a total kick in the teeth for those of us with large collections. 4500 movies and hundreds of them with custom covers not to mention the thousands where an alternate cover apart from the first one downloaded is used and the solution is to wipe them all out? This is a joke right? Surely you cannot be saying all the effort i have put into managing my emby media is redundant, it only took a coupla years ,all good start again.

Happy2Play

This is easily the most ridiculous thing i have seen come from an emby update and a total kick in the teeth for those of us with large collections. 4500 movies and hundreds of them with custom covers not to mention the thousands where an alternate cover apart from the first one downloaded is used and the solution is to wipe them all out? This is a joke right? Surely you cannot be saying all the effort i have put into managing my emby media is redundant, it only took a coupla years ,all good start again.

Well you can just wait and Emby will update itself.  But who really has patients around here. LOL

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

I'm having little issue along these lines. Refreshed library and all the cover art went away. I notice in the plugin, that there's no preview. Related?

What server and plugin version numbers?  What browser?

Guest asrequested

What server and plugin version numbers?  What browser?

Server 3.5.2, CoverArt 4.0.79 and chrome 68.0.3440.106 

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play are you seeing that as well?

I am not seeing this issue on Windows, with v4.0.79 and any browser.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We won't let it happen again. Thanks.

With the replaced libskiasharp you'll have to just remove the coverart plugin for now, as that's causing a compatibility problem with it. thanks.

Guest asrequested

With the replaced libskiasharp you'll have to just remove the coverart plugin for now, as that's causing a compatibility problem with it. thanks.

That's what I thought. Will do. I'll watch for an update.

Happy2Play

I could get this on 3.6.0.2 during a library scan, broke images when randomly changing Treatment categories.  Some images remained broke after scan but I was able to change treatment types.  So there may be a Treatment Type variable with this issue.

• 4 weeks later...
Brendon

Well you can just wait and Emby will update itself.  But who really has patients around here. LOL

Plenty of patience mate but that was not the advice initially given and it has now been a month and still nothing has corrected so sort of wondering how long that wait is meant to be?

• 3 weeks later...

Where get settings, I not found here, already plugin installed.