Information font size.

kjhedges

kjhedges

Hi,

Firstly, still loving Emby. Does what it says on the tin all day long.

Anyway, my question, and im sure Ive seen it somewhere mentioned before, but for the hell of me can i find it.

The font size on roku.   When we select a film or tv episode or such, my misses and I are having troubles reading the txt, (I know, the age gets to us all). Anyway, is there a way to increase font size on roku.  The web app on Samsung tv in living room is fine. And sadly the samsung in bedroom, isnt as fast or good as me Roku 3, IMHO anyways.

Thanks In advance

Hi.  There isn't a setting for this in the app and I'm actually not sure if the Roku itself has any font size options.

kjhedges

Hi, Roku doesnt have any font size options, In the visable menus anyway. Will check Hidden menus soon.

A possible for future maybe?  Would help out us older ones losing our faculties

Will inform if I find any settings in hidden menus. Cheers

Is our font size significantly smaller than what you see in other Roku channels for the same type of information?

Can you tell me exactly where you are having this issue?

Thanks.

kjhedges

Hi, its not really an issue as such. More a personal thing.

Basically, in the bedroom, we have the Roku 3. And we laze about on bed watching stuff. But, due to eyes not what they used to be, the txt is just that bit to small for us to relax and read. we have to sit closer to tv to read it. So as you see, it not an issue that would relate to most of the Roku users.

When I select, lets say penn and teller fool us: S5E7.   It will have the main heading up top, this case being 'Imagine (Magic) Dragons' and the font size of that is perfect for us to read lazing back on the bed. But the information below that explaining the information of the episode, the font is obviously smaller and harder to read.  I would like the option to be able to increase the font size the same as can be done on some other apps.

Like I say, its not really an issue, more a personal preference.

Thanks

Yeah, I understand.  I just wanted to know if you also have this issue in other Roku channels with their summary information?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Allan Cameron

Hi, its not really an issue as such. More a personal thing.

Basically, in the bedroom, we have the Roku 3. And we laze about on bed watching stuff. But, due to eyes not what they used to be, the txt is just that bit to small for us to relax and read. we have to sit closer to tv to read it. So as you see, it not an issue that would relate to most of the Roku users.

When I select, lets say penn and teller fool us: S5E7.   It will have the main heading up top, this case being 'Imagine (Magic) Dragons' and the font size of that is perfect for us to read lazing back on the bed. But the information below that explaining the information of the episode, the font is obviously smaller and harder to read.  I would like the option to be able to increase the font size the same as can be done on some other apps.

Like I say, its not really an issue, more a personal preference.

Thanks

Yep, i see this happen before. Smaller screen bedroom TV's or viewing further away always affects reading. I had this issue myself until i put a bigger screen in the bedroom, all good now. I am not saying buy a new TV like i did, or sit closer, but the screen size really does matter for reading from a distance and the bedroom is always the worst seeing how most people usually have much smaller screen in the bedroom. Going bigger solved it for me.