Windows 10 utilize Dolby Atmos integration

BurntTech
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

Pseudomax

Hi

I also need to revive this (if possible)...

I have my setup:

- QNAP NAS with all my media

- Windows 10 HTPC: I have downloaded the Emby Server (not from the store) and configured (all works well through browser and through Kodi EmbyCon)

- This plugs into my Denon AVR X4200W 7.1 system

- The AVR then plugs into my LG smart TV (which also has Emby installed but I typically would use via the HTPC)

My issue is that over the past few months (maybe an update on the HTPC ... either Windows or Emby?) I have sound that drops in and out while watching on either Kodi or browser based Emby.

I have set the Windows to 7.1 (without enhancements), and I have not purchased Dolby in Windows as I figure that's what I purchased with Denon ... correct me if wrong. I have been into Kodi and realised that the passthrough audio has somehow (maybe a recent reinstall) changed to 'Direct Sound' not WASAPI ... so reset to this. But the screen you shared above in the post with Emby audio settings ... I can't find. If I go to the browser and search I only get the Emby Server settings and there is no audio there. If I go to the user profile and search there is nothing obvious that I can find.

Help appreciated ...

Thanks

Pseudomax

Ahh ... so my confusion (for the want of a better description) is that this is an emby focussed player that could substitute for kodi ...

Thanks @

Edited by Pseudomax

Guest asrequested

Ahh ... so my confusion (for the want of a better description) is that this is an emby focussed player that could substitute for kodi ...

Thanks @

Yes