Photo

Emby Server Connection and Restart Failure After Media Library Browsing

Connection Failure Cant Restart Server Windows Server 2016 Emby Theater Windows 7 Android app

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 JoeWar OFFLINE  

JoeWar

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 07:29 PM

Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:28 PM

Hi Luke,

in the end I performed the server reinstall including deleting all the metadata files and reconfiguring my library folders. I was happy for a week as all was functioning normally, but now the problem has started to occur again. What I can see now is that the problem is related to viewing the home page only. Attached log should capture the following scenario: server starts - entering library #1 and playing movie #1 - going to homepage - entering library #2 and playing movie #2 which has a visible artwork here - going back to homepage - scrolling down to a point where I see some blank artworks to include the movie #2 which has suddenly no artwork here - server crashes.

Emby is fine and I am considering to by an Emby Premium, but it has to prove to be reliable first. Please, do not make me to try and leave for Plex! Fixing the issue takes too long!

Any help would be appreciated

Josef

Attached Files

• Attached File  Log.txt   227.8KB   2 downloads

Edited by JoeWar, 02 February 2019 - 01:00 PM.

#42 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134364 posts
  • Local time: 01:29 PM

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:19 AM

Yea the problem is coming in the image processing library we are using. Since this is a fresh install if you could try the beta server and let me know how that compares, that would be helpful. thanks.

#43 JoeWar OFFLINE  

JoeWar

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 07:29 PM

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:02 AM

Luke, thank you for your response. I’m optimistic for now as after a quick test, the server v4.1.0.5b seems to be resolving the issue. I will report back to you if I see a problem.

Thanks a lot

Josef

Edited by JoeWar, 03 February 2019 - 11:57 AM.

#44 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134364 posts
  • Local time: 01:29 PM

Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for the feedback !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Connection Failure, Cant Restart Server, Windows Server 2016, Emby Theater, Windows 7, Android app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users