Emby Server Connection and Restart Failure After Media Library Browsing

larsonDigital

• 1 month later...
Crestj

Quick update, since uninstalling the CoverArt plugin I've had no crashes at all.

3 weeks so far.

Shame because I liked the CoverArt styling.

Edited by Crestj

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

after endless months of waiting for a major Emby Server release I installed 4.0.0.2 hoping it will fix the issue from my initial post. Unfortunately, I have to state that the most recent release didn’t help and I still face the Emby Server crash when I scroll down the homepage and hit some empty artworks. I was optimistic at the beginning as I do not experience the problem when accessing the Emby via the server itself. Nevertheless, the issue appears when I access it through the LAN. See the LOG attached.

Thx

Josef

Log.txt

Edited by JoeWar

FYI

Updated to the same version after having the same issue with CoverArt.

Reinstalled CoverArt and have been accessing my library using the web site, emby theatre and the android emby app without a crash or missing art work.

Hopefully it will not appear again as it has for you.

Apologies that you're still having an issue. Can you scan your directories as well as the server metadata folder for any zero byte image files? Thanks.

Hello, thx for the feedback. I searched the media drive for any zero byte images but didn’t find any. The weird thing is that when I access the Emby via the server, all the artworks are visible and all seems to be working normally. But it is not the case when I access it via a remote machine or TV despite the problematic artwork files are present. For now, I am considering uninstalling the Emby server; manually deleting all artwork and .nfo files; and installing/configuring the Emby server again. Is this worth to try or is there anything else I can try?

Thx

Josef

Edited by JoeWar

Have you tried uninstalling the CoverArt plugin?

Before the v4 update this solved all the connection and crashing issues I had.

Actually, I checked list of my plugins right after reading your hint but didn’t see CoverArt listed. I haven’t installed any additional plugins. Should CoverArt be installed by default or was supposed to be before version 4?

Josef

Hi Luke,

in the end I performed the server reinstall including deleting all the metadata files and reconfiguring my library folders. I was happy for a week as all was functioning normally, but now the problem has started to occur again. What I can see now is that the problem is related to viewing the home page only. Attached log should capture the following scenario: server starts - entering library #1 and playing movie #1 - going to homepage - entering library #2 and playing movie #2 which has a visible artwork here - going back to homepage - scrolling down to a point where I see some blank artworks to include the movie #2 which has suddenly no artwork here - server crashes.

Emby is fine and I am considering to by an Emby Premium, but it has to prove to be reliable first. Please, do not make me to try and leave for Plex! Fixing the issue takes too long!

Any help would be appreciated

Josef

Log.txt

Edited by JoeWar

Yea the problem is coming in the image processing library we are using. Since this is a fresh install if you could try the beta server and let me know how that compares, that would be helpful. thanks.

Luke, thank you for your response. I’m optimistic for now as after a quick test, the server v4.1.0.5b seems to be resolving the issue. I will report back to you if I see a problem.

Thanks a lot

Josef

Edited by JoeWar