Unknown encoder when transcoding

ctrlaltdefeat

ctrlaltdefeat

Another interesting thing(which I hadn't noticed sooner because I'm not really using Emby yet, because my movies aren't working)

Other files(TV series) display subtitles when streaming, but when playing a synced file, the subtitle track is shown(see image), but aren't actually displayed when playing the video.

https://i.imgur.com/NvLdgqs.png

• 4 weeks later...
ctrlaltdefeat

Latest Android(phone and tablet) and Windows(laptop), both displayed the subtitles for all files I tried.

Transcoding seems to work for my laptop, but not for my phone or tablet.

ctrlaltdefeat

Windows (from the Windows store): Emby 1.1.233.0

Android (from the playstore, both devices): Emby for Android 3.0.21

Edit, in the last message, I was referring to the version of the apps when i said "latest"

Edited by ctrlaltdefeat

ctrlaltdefeat

Redmi Note 4

Android 7.0 NRD90M

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820)

Android 8.0.0

My brother is unable to sync movies to his phone as well, he has a Huawei P8 Lite (Model ALE-L21). But the OS version I'm not sure, I'd have to ask. 

ctrlaltdefeat

When I sync, I set the quality to 1.5mbps. This works on my laptop, but not on my Android devices.

When I do playback(to both Android as Windows), it plays without transcoding, thus isn't crashing. Subtitles even work on all devices.

If I were to sync at original quality, it won't transcode, and will play on all devices. Subtitles do work on my laptop<for some files>, but not on any of the Android devices.

Edit, above mentioned appears to be universal, and not specific to earlier mentioned movies.

Edited by ctrlaltdefeat

Ok, the server should never try to mux mov_text into mkv because that is only supported within mp4. So that needs adjustment to handle the subtitles differently. Thanks.